What does your Pandora's desktop look like? Share screenshots here!

^ I think that what you're after might be in the tweaks thread in the Support section. Look for the "Making Xfce Sexy" guide - I'm pretty sure that that should cover it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: Sorry, folks. Edited 1000 times trying to get this right. I'm just bad at this.

40 year old linux virgin, using terminal for first time to setup screenshot. Woo-hoo! Will look much cooler when I figure out how to make taskbar transparent. Hopped over to "Making Xfce Sexy", but got a little overwhelmed. Baby steps..

- Dark Grey taskbar (maybe a little transparent)

- A white start menu symbol

- White lettering

- No highlighting on the desktop words

- And is there anyway to show symbols to the apps in the start menu? (if not that don't really matter)

- Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor then check Enable display compositiong. Then right click the XFCE bar and select Customize Panel there you can change the bar's transparency once Compositing has been enabled. To change the overall color what you might want is in Settings > Appearance > try the theme XFCE-Dusk + the transparency adjustment and that step is complete.

- You need to grab the image file at /usr/share/pixmaps/op-start.png and edit it in your fav image editor

- Create a file in your homedir called .gtkrc-2.0 and add this (don't remember what post I grabbed that from):

Code:
style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

#Text colors you can delete these if you want you use gtk theme colors

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"

fg[SELECTED] = "#000000"

fg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"

}

widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

This will give you no bubble around the text and you can adjust colors to your liking.

- That is also in the Customize Panel settings, there is a selectable box to show menu icons.

BONUS ROUND: If you want to increase your scroll bars and scroll bar graphic sizes add this:

Code:
style "scroll"

{

GtkScrollbar::slider-width        = 45

}

class "*" style "scroll"

style "scroll"

{

GtkScrollbar::slider-width      =45

GtkScrollbar::stepper-size      =45

}

class "*" style "scroll"

EDITED: Misremembered instruction, fix'd

1) Anyone found any good Doctor Who wallpaper that works in this orientation, with icons clustering to the sides?

2) Any link to that wall wallpaper above? beauty :)

jeff

1) Anyone found any good Doctor Who wallpaper that works in this orientation, with icons clustering to the sides?

[…]

I prepared a Dr Who wallpaper for when I'll get my pandora.

Doctor_Who_Wallpaper_by_kelly_fox.png

But it was a while ago, so it's still Tennant as the Doctor.

*lolpain* How long ago did you order your Pandora?

A: Tennant was still the Doctor but Rose was gone, Captain Jack had just been buried alive by his ex-future-partner

Damn, now I need to make a Torchwood wallpaper :)

Thanks Kodein,

jeff

Back