What does your Pandora's desktop look like? Share screenshots here!

I'm surprised more people aren't using vertical panels given the limited vertical resolution.

pandora_desktop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy with the functionality of my current set up. Vertical menu bar allows for good amount of screen real estate and keeps multitasking simple. Wbar is perfect for quick finger launching.

Is there a tutorial on implementing transparencies and making your own themes?

screen110308-010922.png

A little tip for anyone who wants transparent icon text background instead of those grey blobs. Enter this into a new text file:

Code:
style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

#Text colors you can delete these if you want you use gtk theme colors

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"

fg[SELECTED] = "#000000"

fg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"

}

widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

Save the file in your home directory as .gtkrc-2.0 (note fullstop at beginning of name).

screen110309-031741.png

Thanks Gruso! That looks much better! Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong for a while there till I went back to "when in doubt, restart" and everything worked great! Winning!

Good stuff. :) I should have mentioned how to activate it - basically you just need to reload your theme. You can do that a few ways, rebooting is one, switching between themes in the XFCE settings is another.

A little tip for anyone who wants transparent icon text background instead of those grey blobs. Enter this into a new text file:

Code:
style "xfdesktop-icon-view" {

XfdesktopIconView::label-alpha = 0

#Text colors you can delete these if you want you use gtk theme colors

fg[NORMAL] = "#ffffff"

fg[SELECTED] = "#000000"

fg[ACTIVE] = "#000000"

}

widget_class "*XfdesktopIconView*" style "xfdesktop-icon-view"

Save the file in your home directory as .gtkrc-2.0 (note fullstop at beginning of name).
As soon as I get mine back I'll have to do this that was one of the things I didn't care to much for.

Thanks. ;)

Hi

Sorry to maybe sound stupid, how do I do all this stuff, backdrops, moving the menu bar etc ?

Hi

Sorry to maybe sound stupid, how do I do all this stuff, backdrops, moving the menu bar etc ?

To change wallpapers: rightclick on the background and hit Desktop Settings. With the plus button you can now add your own wallpapers

To move the menu bar: right click on the menubar and hit customize panel. Now you can change the position of your bar

I'm very new to this, and have found that customizing has been very easy with the awesome documentation. I tried wbar but it wasn't for me, but things like adding aspects like conky or changing wallpaper and shortcuts is easily doable. If I can figure out how to make a toggle wifi shortcut on the menu bar I'd be set!

P.S. Thank you to all who include directions on how to do all of these awesome things. :)

If I can figure out how to make a toggle wifi shortcut on the menu bar I'd be set!

-Right click the bar and select 'Add New Items...'

-Highlight 'Launcher' and click 'Add'

-Fill in a fitting name and description

-Select an icon from /tmp/iconcache (I used op_wifi.png)

-in command put:

Code:
pnd_run /usr/pandora/apps/op_wifi.pnd

Ok. I know I'm going to sound really lame here but how are you folks obtaining the screenshots?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would anyone (Gruso, Anihil8ion2199) please tell me where the Conky config files go? Is it in /media/X/pandora/appdata? Nothing seems to be working for me with the Conky PND. I see it generating a conky.config file in that directory, but it does not want to load Spirit's .conkyrc files (and I did change the paths to my SD cards).

Would anyone (Gruso, Anihil8ion2199) please tell me where the Conky config files go? Is it in /media/X/pandora/appdata? Nothing seems to be working for me with the Conky PND. I see it generating a conky.config file in that directory, but it does not want to load Spirit's .conkyrc files (and I did change the paths to my SD cards).
copy and pasta the contents of your .conkyrc into the conky.conf in appdata, overwriting the previous contents and you are set. The pandorabattery script should sit in your home, or you change the location of the script in your conky.conf

Back