What Do You Think About A Football Manager?

Puck2099

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32wip.com
Hi,

I'm assembling a group of people to make a football manager for GP32 and GP2X and I would like to know what do you think about it.

It will be multilenguage so you will be able to play it in Spanish, English and other languages (probably we'll need other language speaken people to make language files) and we hope to be able to include European mayor leagues (Spanish's Liga, Premier League, Bundesligue, Calcio, French League...) as well as various worlwide important teams (River Plate, Boca, Glasgow Rangers...).

I would like to make it as similar as Sigame's Football Manager 2006 as possible, but due to RAM limitations it will be a more modest one :p

Do you think it's a good idea or a waste of time? :unsure:

Regards

in that case, me :p

i dont like football managers.... but you should do it for all those football-loving ppl out there :p

Seraptin posted on Oct 2 2005 at 12:12 AM said:

i dont like football managers.... but you should do it for all those football-loving ppl out there :p
I dont like them either :p

Last edited by a moderator:
aapje89 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
Seraptin posted on Oct 2 2005 at 12:12 AM said:

I dont like them either :p
³

Whilst it is a great idea, a Cricket Manager game would be better. And I could translate (badly) into German for all the German Cricket lovers on here!

I always toyed with the idea of producing a handheld based footie management game, and make it as portable as possible so it could be run on various devices.

Something harking back to the more simpler days of the 8-bits, rather than the insanely overly complicated managers you get today.

I love Football managers. It sounds like a great idea to me.

I hope we'll someday see SWOS playable on the GP2X via UAE. That was a quality game.

Football Manager is my joint favourite game of all time (with PES).

However, no other football management game compares.

So, it's a good idea because there's nothing else like it on the GP32, but the die hard will buy a PSP just for the real Football Manager on the move.

Who's that gonna leave? The non die hard fans who play football manager? I don't think there is such a thing. (que obvious responses).

Put the Portuguese Superliga in it as well and I'll not only play it, as I can also give a hand with a possible portuguese translation as well with the teams/players and stuff, just PM me :)

Jegriva posted on Oct 3 2005 at 09:00 PM said:
But i think that the greatest limit will be the 8M of RAM.

I've been calculating and it will take about 100-150 KBs per division. If we reserve 2 MB of RAM for the database, it could host about 12-13 divisions that I thinks it's enough :)

Anyway, in case of include more than 13 divisions, the game will let the player to select his 13 favourites from all the included. :rolleyes:

Back