What Do You Think About A Football Manager?

i say make it, because i personally dont like to many sports but i love management/strategy games so id deffinatly play it

Puck2099 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 12:17 AM said:
Hi,

I'm assembling a group of people to make a football manager for GP32 and GP2X and I would like to know what do you think about it.

It will be multilenguage so you will be able to play it in Spanish, English and other languages (probably we'll need other language speaken people to make language files) and we hope to be able to include European mayor leagues (Spanish's Liga, Premier League, Bundesligue, Calcio, French League...) as well as various worlwide important teams (River Plate, Boca, Glasgow Rangers...).

[...]
Do you think it's a good idea or a waste of time? :unsure:

Nice idea. I could help with german language and Bundesliga info.
I hope you find a good level of complexity.
I could help with small pieces of code aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I inform you about the progress.

At the moment we are defining players and teams attributes (lots of them) and designing the GUI (it's difficult to include so much info in such a small screen :huh: ).

I think we will use a 'tabs system' to move between information.

I know we have almost anything, but we are still starting :)

I used to play Premier Manager 97 on the Sega MegaDrive - and chuffin loved it.
I also got addicted to Championship Manager 02/03 on Xbox so had to give it away.

Premier%20Manager%2097%20(GS).png

Premier Manager 97

So, yeah - I've love to do any design and graphics for the game. :)

the only good thing about permier manager on megadrive, was the fact that you could change the sponsors around the pitch, so you could have pictures of vecrotman and knuckles of sonic.

Football manager? Bah! I have Tecmo Super Bowl. I'd rather play football than manage stats...

*EDIT*

Oh shit... you meant Soccer... lol. Well, the same response still applies, except in place of Tecmo Super Bowl, insert "Nintendo World Cup Soccer".

But hey... if you wanna make one, go for it. I just know that I wouldn't be using it.

I bloody love footy manager games especially the Champ manager series, if you get one made for the GP you'll be a total legend

Football manager? Bah! I have Tecmo Super Bowl. I'd rather play football than manage stats...

*EDIT*

Oh shit... you meant Soccer... lol. Well, the same response still applies, except in place of Tecmo Super Bowl, insert "Nintendo World Cup Soccer".

But hey... if you wanna make one, go for it. I just know that I wouldn't be using it.

Errm, he's talking about a MANAGER game here, not of a soccer PLAYING game.

Last edited:
RobertJ posted on Oct 2 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
I always toyed with the idea of producing a handheld based footie management game, and make it as portable as possible so it could be run on various devices.

Something harking back to the more simpler days of the 8-bits, rather than the insanely overly complicated managers you get today.

Couldn't agree more. The only football manager I've played for any length of time was Football manager on the good old speccy. Simple but addictive :D

*EDIT*

Errm, he's talking about a MANAGER game here, not of a soccer PLAYING game.

Yeah, EvilDragon, I'm aware of that... It's why I said I'd rather be playing...

Back