What Games Do You Think Should Be Made?

Love my gp32, and i know we can't moan as we have millions of Megadrive games to play our days away, but don't you think a Time Splitters Doom Mod would be good, or what about a Diablo style game. What would you like?

fmame, can't wait, oh, this was about a game, well, i don't really care, i'm quite happy with whats out there. Diablo would be nice or even a homebrewn. There was a homebrew game for the GBA that I play on my pocketPC that is like diablo and its quite good, but for the moment the name escapes me.

yeah, a Diablo like is really missing in the huge list of playable games on our gp32_console ... if somebody got spare time & big knowledges in GP coding then maybe that's the best idea for a homebrew game actually ;op

As nice as homebrews are, I would prefer to see emulators of 8-bit'ish systems that have yet to be emulated including BBC, Atari 2600 & Supercharger, Philips VideoPac+/Odyssey2, Intellivision, Atari 7800, VIC-20, and TI-99/4a.

Nice thing about emulators is it opens up a wide array of software for the cost of creation/porting one piece of software.

Oh yah, I'd rather see perfect 8-bit emulators over 16-bit emulators that just will not run full speed. It's probably a nice programming challenge to see how close it gets to full speed, but I much more use the "closer to perfect" 8-bit emulators.

Personally, one I would love to try as a pet project would be Dragons Lair/Space Ace. In theory it should be quite easy to port over (crap games, but hey, it'd be funny).

I mean lets face it, who WOULDNT want to hear "AAAAHHHHHH!!/MINDY!!!/close main gate" 50 times on their way into work??

CRAP?!?

Space Ace is awesome and you know it!

Also, wouldn't it be difficult to port due to the fact that the MPEGs that the game uses are over 1GB?

Compress them down the same way you do for GP Cinema. In theory you should be able to build a framework with code from GP cinema, which plays a file depending whether you hit the right button or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously, how about ports or remakes of old Apogee games like Biohazard or Monster Bash, Halloween Harry, and others.

The GP32 needs more game creation type programs. We have Gigas engine and ZOT so far, (and BOR). But any program that can enable non-coders to join in creating GP32 software is a good asset for the scene since most people aren't coders. Something like klik n play would be great. (The actual creation program being on the PC but it's products running from GP32 is probably the best solution).

PS. I had Space Ace on Atari ST, it was a few disks, but it was hardly 1gig. That'd be like 900 disks or something. That'd just be silly. Presumably it works in Castaway as not much doesn't.

Back