What can I do now.

evil dragon is a very good man. hes a guy u can trust

There are a lot of us who can be trusted. I think the traveling keyboard test mule thread is a good example of that.
https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/test-the-keymat.80259/

That was fun. The box itself and the non-Pyra additions was nearly as interesting as it's Pyra contents.

I'm sure there are limits to that kind of altruism though. If that had been a $1700 working prototype, that may have pressed good people's honesty too far.

You could construe the prototype that went round as being delivered from quite an expensive development process though. He'd already developed a main PCB which went out to the pre-pre orderers, which influenced the size and layout of the keyboard, which we should all be aware was a quite long-winded and thus expensive process. And that implied that a prototype case plastics were developed, and the mere investment in devboard across quite a large number of people probably indicates quite an expensive process as well. Given all of the costly ingredients that led to the mailing out of the prototype I dare say you could label it as being above $1700 in value, althoguh it's probably fair to say they he had no plans for the unit. Even though it did get back home to Ingolstadt, he was in no real rush to unpack old parts as it turned out.

You could construe the prototype that went round as being delivered from quite an expensive development process though. He'd already developed a main PCB which went out to the pre-pre orderers, which influenced the size and layout of the keyboard, which we should all be aware was a quite long-winded and thus expensive process. And that implied that a prototype case plastics were developed, and the mere investment in devboard across quite a large number of people probably indicates quite an expensive process as well. Given all of the costly ingredients that led to the mailing out of the prototype I dare say you could label it as being above $1700 in value, althoguh it's probably fair to say they he had no plans for the unit. Even though it did get back home to Ingolstadt, he was in no real rush to unpack old parts as it turned out.

I see where you're going. If you were to pile the entire project's development costs to that point into the value of the circulating box, it would have been astronomical in value. But, in the end, nobody would have had something, "worth stealing" if it had gotten "lost in the mail".

Still, I admire how the community network cooperated to review, assess and take a lot of pretty cool pictures of a non-functioning collection of plastics & pieces.

Back