How to find\report a user who scammed me

Solstar

i bought here a seond hand pandora fro am user (who i'll keep the name hidden for now),which shown me doem pics of his pandora,and everything looked ok.i paid him with paypal and he stated that he shipped it on the 16th of this month,from canada.i live in italy,and since the post service here it is somewhat shitty when concerning overseas shippings,i asked him to give me a tracking code.he replied that he didn't had one,which i doubt since every internatioan lshipping should have one.i even asked some of my friends about that,and they even said that such code could be also on the barcode of the receipt and stuff like that.i wrote to this user stating this,last week ...and he didn't replied me.so,before i start an online controversy on paypal,is it possible to know here where and how to contact this person,if he left some personal info when registering here on the website?

International shipping can take longer than 2 weeks, depending on the shipping menthod. I guess it's possible to send AirMail without tracking codes, or perhaps they didn't realise they had one? You might not of got a reply if they've gone on holiday or something.

What do you think "personal info" from this forum is going to give you beyond the email address you already have?

PayPal give you 45 days from payment to open a "dispute", if you're concerned, open a dispute. Read about it here.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

If I were you, I'd open one just before the 45 day limit if you've heard nothing and received nothing, otherwise you *will* be stuck if you don't get it.

i shipped a item from ny to Germany with usps (anything else would be 50+ shipping) and pretty sure it was 3+ weeks before customs even got it. even tho they said should be 10-14 days.

hope ever thing turns out ok but like pmprog i would give it a little longer and if it doesn't show use paypal to dispute it. good luck again hope it's at your door today:)

Standard mail shipments don't have a tracking number for the customer, unless you asked (& paid) for a recorded delivery option, and the item was simply sent airmail, the seller is most likely being truthful about not having one to give you.

As others have pointed out, as Canada is outside the EU, there is a good chance the package could be inspected by Italian Customs too.

IMHO if the item was sent by airmail (not by courier like UPS) it's probably a bit too soon to be starting a payment dispute.

PM me the details.

However I would suggest waiting another week as postal services would be starting to get congested with silly season cards ;) . I waited 3 weeks to get my 1GHZ from Germany.

Maybe the person in question could post the receipt of postage for you.

Just be patient :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, patience is recommended. My rebirth edition from Dragonbox (Germany) took about 5 weeks to make it to Australia.

Cheers

Simon

I'm in the US & I got mine from a guy New Zealand. I ended up looking up international delivery stuff(including import duty stuff). Apparently, cheap international in most countries don't come with tracking by default & you usually have a pay a bit extra for a higher grade delivery service that does.

Even then, the tracking can be rubbish. The tracking on mine never showed me it was out for delivery. One day it just went from "held for clearance" to "please reschedule delivery".

So, ya gotta be patient. But after a month, ya might want to do that pay pal contesting thing while it's not too late.

Back