Is Ccgamingonline.com/caanoocenter.com Legit?

PrototypeFC3S

Still Fresh
I just ordered the Caanoo Blue/Black with the back wifi dongle as well. But here is my problem.... I ordered my C
aanoo from Caanoocenter.com. Both websites are owned by the same person, but the websites are being "merged".

I ordered it on Thursday and looking at my order # the system is paid for, but hasn't shipped.....So today it's Friday after noon check the website again to see if it's budged at all and nothing. So I went ahead and called them, not to bitch just curious as see if they where back-ordered or something.

So the guy asks me if I have a receipt # from Paypal....and I did, so I gave it to him....after waiting on the phone for about 5min he comes back and says that he's going to have to call me back because he said it was difficult for his "guy" to look it up....Hmmmmm....

2 hours later.....

So I answer the phone, he asks for me by name....same guy that I talked to before....and this is what he had to say....

"Ummm...dude....I...uhhhhh...our guy has to ship them out you, you should be getting an e-mail from him in like a few days...He has to "register" your name into the "DRM" to get you access to all the free content that's available.... He should be shipping it in like 3 to 6 days.

I them asked him if he was based in Georgia like his site lists and he said yes.... I then asked him if he even has these units in stock....and he tells me no...that they don't keep them at his store, that they get them shipped from somewhere else...by someone esle. Then I asked if he's getting them shipped from some other country or something, like Korea........ And he says he doesn't know....

At this point I'm shitting bricks.....

WTF is going on here? These guys are listed as resellers for FunGP.com and the shit this guy is feeding me is mind boggling.

http://ccgamingonline.com
http://www.caanoocenter.com
678-831-0690
2750 Jiles Road Suite 111
Kennesaw, GA 30144

I got mine from gp2xstore on EBay (they shipped from the same state that I lived in). I liked them and would recommend them again. Like you say, the site you mentioned is posted on FunGP... They'll probably work out fine. However, keep an eye on it.

SolarLune said:
I got mine from gp2xstore on EBay (they shipped from the same state that I lived in). I liked them and would recommend them again. Like you say, the site you mentioned is posted on FunGP... They'll probably work out fine. However, keep an eye on it.

I just got this email like 10min ago. So it looks like everything is working out.
I will update back again once I receive the order.

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your order on CC Gaming's New Webstore.

I received a message today from our retail location you were checking on the status of your order.
I have personally received the order and I am processing it for you.
It is intended to leave our facility in 3-5 business days. Two reasons this is, is because
I am loaded a 2GB SD card for you with Extras and Content that GPH is sending out to us
in the next few days, it includes new firmware for you, Emulators, and Roms already to go.

In order to register your unit for warranty GPH has asked us to include this SD card in your order.

I understand your concern on shipping time, If this is not acceptable for you I understand and my job
is to keep our customers happy. If you can wait until the delay, I will ship you the WiFi adapter for
no charge and refund you it's cost. If not I can regretfully cancel your order and refund your money.

Please let me know if the shipping time will suit your needs.

Thank You Again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PrototypeFC3S said:
...Two reasons this is, is because
I am loaded a 2GB SD card for you with Extras and Content that GPH is sending out to us
in the next few days, it includes new firmware for you, Emulators, and Roms already to go.

Ok, THAT sounds bad. They can't include roms - that's illegal. So, unless those roms are public domain... Yeah, that could be a problem.

SolarLune said:
PrototypeFC3S said:
...Two reasons this is, is because

Ok, THAT sounds bad. They can't include roms - that's illegal. So, unless those roms are public domain... Yeah, that could be a problem.

No, it's fine. It's probably just the special batch that DingooDigitalUSA posted about a while back.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57493-taking-pre-orders-for-special-3rd-batch-of-caanoo/

This no news and still no Caanoo, I sent the guy an email yesterday with no reply yet. This isn't looking so good for this reseller. I'm starting to get kind of pissed.

You may want to start contacting GPH; perhaps they could help to contact the reseller. If you can't get a hold of them via Email or FunGP, try their FaceBook page; they seem to respond fairly quickly.

SolarLune said:
You may want to start contacting GPH; perhaps they could help to contact the reseller. If you can't get a hold of them via Email or FunGP, try their FaceBook page; they seem to respond fairly quickly.

From what I've been told by them (caanoocenter.com) today in an email I got said something to the affect that they're having problems with their supplier. And that the shipping dates got mixed up. I've been reassured that I will get my order but that I just have to be patient because this is the first time that they've ever sold a device like this.

I have no problem waiting, but I'm just getting frustrated because I have all the accessories sitting right in front of me but no unit.

Got my unit and Wifi Adapter in the mail today. It FINALLY got here after all that nail bitting.

One thing is for sure. FunGP.com sucks as a download service.

For far I've managed to figure out how to get the NeoGeo emulator going with a few games. Looks amazing. Super nintendo emu runs like shit. I'm using Snes9x4C, I've tried everything from battle toads to uniracers to turtles in time and r type, and every single game chugged baaaad!.

On the other hand NeoGeo run flawlessly.

PrototypeFC3S said:
Got my unit and Wifi Adapter in the mail today. It FINALLY got here after all that nail bitting.

For far I've managed to figure out how to get the NeoGeo emulator going with a few games. Looks amazing. Super nintendo emu runs like shit. I'm using Snes9x4C, I've tried everything from battle toads to uniracers to turtles in time and r type, and every single game chugged baaaad!.

Did you update your firmware to 1.06 and use a overclock script on your snes?

qbertaddict said:
PrototypeFC3S said:

I have 1.5.0.... where can I get a newer one?

qbertaddict said:
PrototypeFC3S said:

I have 1.5.0.... where can I get a newer one?

Back