What 'big' games are people looking forward to..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
I know (most) people love their indie titles here, but what of the upcoming heavy hitters what's your hope..?

Obvious ones for me.. Diablo 3, Max Payne 3.. I'm also liking the look of Sleeping Dogs, my big hope though is Dishonored..

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Zze1wpwVl7c?feature=oembed

I'm a massive Thief fan & seeing as a new one is mia, anything that Harvey Smith is involved in has my full attention & Arkane Studios are developing with Viktor Antonov on design duty (double win)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it would be considered a 'big' game but i'm looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw.

Perhaps big wasn't the best choice of words, but yeah good choice & thanks for reminding me of this.. Suda51 ftw.

Currently: A big load of 3DS games!
grin.gif

• Any new Mega Man, Star Fox, Donkey Kong, or Kirby releases
  • Animal Crossing: Jump Out
  • Skylanders: Giants (*love* the first one as it's a brilliantly fun game, so naturally I'm looking forward to the sequel)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (The side-scrolling Castle of Illusion follow-up; I may not get this if they shoehorn in stuff from a bunch of Disney movies that I hate, though, since I don't like a great many of their films and certainly wouldn't want to play video games about them)
  • Monster Hunter 4 (If it gets localised)
  • Smash Bros. 3DS (Assuming that they don't turn this one into some sort of overblown, taking-itself-waaaaaaaaaaay-too-seriously load of nonsense with a load of irrelevant stuff thrown in to dilute it, like the previous one, which I avoided for these reasons)
  • Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • King of Pirates
  • Mutant Mudds

I'm sure that there are also other things that I will want, but which haven't been announced yet. I guess that E3 will showcase some of those. :p

Being a massive Thief fan also (though totally dispirited from thief 3 onwards - yay for the Dark Mod!), I'm looking forward somewhat reservedly to Dishonoured, though I'm not entirely sure it's going to be what I hope it will be. Other than that, I'm not especially looking forward to anything - I thought it might be me going off games, but I still enjoy WinQuake just as much as I did in the DOS days.

I think that games are just not as awesome as they used to be :(

D.

Being a massive Thief fan also (though totally dispirited from thief 3 onwards - yay for the Dark Mod!), I'm looking forward somewhat reservedly to Dishonoured, though I'm not entirely sure it's going to be what I hope it will be. Other than that, I'm not especially looking forward to anything - I thought it might be me going off games, but I still enjoy WinQuake just as much as I did in the DOS days.

I think that games are just not as awesome as they used to be :(

D.

More or less echoes my feelings on the state of modern gaming (may just be an age thing though) pretty much everything that's captured my attention or that I've really enjoyed of late has been a so called 'indie' or 'casual' game.. (currently loving Botanicula)

I am cautiously optimistic about Dishonored, though it still remains to be seen whether there's any basis for that (I wish they'd show some flippin' gameplay already!)

As far as Deadly Shadows is concerned, I don't seem to detest it quite as much as most other Thief fans do.. you could argue that it strays a little to far from the earlier games templates & some of it's mechanics are quite simply broken, but it does have one of the best ever levels of any game.. period!.. 'the Cradle' & as far the Dark Mod goes double yay!!

Diablo 3, Carmageddon: Reincarnation

More or less echoes my feelings on the state of modern gaming (may just be an age thing though)
I strongly doubt it's an age thing - if it is, I've been feeling this way since I was about fourteen or fifteen. That's around half my life!

pretty much everything that's captured my attention or that I've really enjoyed of late has been a so called 'indie' or 'casual' game.. (currently loving Botanicula)
Back in the day, people would have just called them "games" and would not have discriminated about what they are or who plays them (some of us refuse to follow suit by applying these childish labels and elitist anti-other-people-who-are-just-like-us behaviour, though, me among them). The press and gamers who are so fearful of newcomers joining their elitist little club and enjoying it, and thus take the "divided we fall" approach, have a lot to answer for. Games are games are games. :)

More or less echoes my feelings on the state of modern gaming (may just be an age thing though)
I strongly doubt it's an age thing - if it is, I've been feeling this way since I was about fourteen or fifteen. That's around half my life!

pretty much everything that's captured my attention or that I've really enjoyed of late has been a so called 'indie' or 'casual' game.. (currently loving Botanicula)
Back in the day, people would have just called them "games" and would not have discriminated about what they are or who plays them (some of us refuse to follow suit by applying these childish labels and elitist anti-other-people-who-are-just-like-us behaviour, though, me among them). The press and gamers who are so fearful of newcomers joining their elitist little club and enjoying it, and thus take the "divided we fall" approach, have a lot to answer for. Games are games are games. :)

Yeah I know, you're preaching to the converted.. perhaps not the best turn of phrase.. but hopefully you understand the point I'm trying to make (no offence intended)

I use the terms generally just to save time, perhaps they are not needed quite as much on this particular forum but in my experience you usually need to make the distinction (sad but in most cases true)

Dishonoured

Prey 2

Sturmwind (dreamcast)

The new hitman game,

Max payne 3

The new dirt spinoff game

Assasins creed 3

I will buy the following games when i finish skyrim: The witcher 2, prototype 2, possibly dragons dogma

There's enough games therwe to keep me going for a long bloody time. Im itching to play skyrim right now but am currently away from home. Ahh a pot of tea and 5 or 6 hours of skyrim, it wil be good.

Yeah I know, you're preaching to the converted.. perhaps not the best turn of phrase.. but hopefully you understand the point I'm trying to make (no offence intended)

I use the terms generally just to save time, perhaps they are not needed quite as much on this particular forum but in my experience you usually need to make the distinction (sad but in most cases true)
Oh, I know, I know. :) The sadness of having to make the distinction is in part what I was commenting on, albeit indirectly. :lol:

Anyway, just remembered another game that I want. It actually hasn't been announced, so I don't know if it counts, though. :p In any case, if real, it's this.

nothing at all... except maybe another portal sequel...

I tend to play mostly indie or open source games lately... or some old MMO

Pikmin 3 and pretty much everything Prometheus said for 3DS.

BioShock Infinite

Plants Vs Zombies 2 (they've got to be working on that already, haven't they?)

TorchLight 2

Aliens for Wii U

The next Zelda game - any Nintendo system. Heck, I'd kill for an updated Majora's mask on 3DS

Plants Vs Zombies 2 (they've got to be working on that already, haven't they?)
I'm pretty sure that they're finally working on merchandise for this Christmas season, right now... (Apparently they've been using info on sales of unofficial bootlegged items, and fan-made stuff, to gauge what people want.)

Took them long enough!

I do enjoy that game. Got the DSiWare version a while ago. :D

Heck, I'd kill for an updated Majora's mask on 3DS
If memory serves, they said that they wanted to do a new game or two before looking at another remake, but that that one's being considered for when they do.

Back