What are you playing this weekend/these days?


Finished Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Found it very fun for the story, that covers a lot of of things not told in the previous games.
It added some new mechanics in planets with lower gravity and an equipment to breath in those environments, by I didn't like that very much.
For the rest it's the second game but with new maps.


Started Borderlands 3

The engine changes a lot, it is more similar to "Tiny Tina's Wonderland", but maybe even heavier, you can see your legs and you can grab ledges while jumping, there are some parkour and melee combat moves added... also the graphic is superb (even with almost all settings at minimum).

A BAD note is anyway that the companions remains always stuck somewhere ... and this is specially uncool when you use a Beastmaster with all the upgrades granted to your beast, and then you always find yourself in front of a BOSS or in the middle of an attack without your pet around ...

For the rest it's funny and follow the same story and recipe of Looter/Shooter/RPG of the previous games.
 
It's a beautiful sunny Saturday morning. Perfect for closing the blinds and playing MGS3.
 
Last edited:
I've been playing the new StarFox a lot lately. I love it. Admittedly I haven't played StarFox64 beyond the first few levels but adored the original. When I first heard that it was a remake I was disappointed but it is a substantial upgrade and I look forward to the new levels being released soon. I'm currently hesitant about OoT remake but I suspect that will change.
 
I finished Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (again) and immediately restarted it. I feel as though I finally got good (it's a technical game) especially at CQC (close quarters combat). This game - but MGS in general - are the most technical, most detailed, most literary, most historical, most campy, most twisted, most exciting and most deep games I have played. Kojima is a genius.

I also play Earthion quite a bit. Fun shooter to breeze though. Highly refined. Excellent visuals, music & play mechanics. I believe it was made by two people. Basically cozy game for me.
 
So after mostly enjoying Little Big Adventure 1, I played Little Big Adventure 2, on my Ayn Thor thanks to the lba2-classic-community android port (works well but maxes out CPU usage, I used Clustertune large underclock to keep heat/power draw low without any noticeable performance impact).

I remember playing it back when it was released and having a good time. Just as with the first game, I remembered the early game better than the later parts but I didn't remember that much.

I was disappointed. It starts great with a return to Citadel Island, this time in full 3D (for the outside world, indoors are still isometric). It's still charming, especially when you get to leisurely stroll un the rain under an umbrella with your pregnant wife. The story starts slowly, with a relatively minor problem snowballing and leading to a larger quest. There's a bit of a disconnect between story and gameplay: rummaging around thrashcans and flower pots for money could make sense when you were a rebel on the run, much less so when you're just walking around in your peaceful hometown. Then it becomes more intense (and the rummaging around starts making sense again) and the game loses much of the charm of the first one. First of all, there's far less walking around talking to people than in the first game (and the alien planet and species are far less sympathetic than the Twinsun planet and species) and more "action" scenes. The gameplay has improved slightly with a dodge move and more weapons but combat is still a chore most of the time and for the "platforming" the isometric levels rely a bit more on different heights than in the first game and it's sometimes difficult to figure out what's supposed to be higher (and how much higher it is). So it's a game that doesn't play on its strengths, which is quite disappointing.

I still played it from start to finish and didn't have a bad time but I didn't enjoy it that much either, and less so than the first game.
 
Back
Top