What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Killzone Mercenary on PS Vita. The bots are fun and actually challenging even on easy mode. I have only played 1 level of the campaign and spent more time on bots.

I'm surprised nobody has made an emulator for the Vita for this game, but now that I think about it almost all Vita games are also available on other platforms.

Darksiders Genesis

When you can't understand when it's a feature or a glitch, then there's something wrong in a game...

Sometimes you "think" to have found a secret passage, just to find out that an invisible wall is not doing its job...
Sometimes you are perfectly sure that, no, that way can't absolutely be the right way, it must be another broken invisible wall... considering that at every step you can die for no reason, and you'll have to jump on surfaces not made for jumping... but instead the road to follow is really that...

This game is not completely to throw away, the shooter/fighting sessions are pretty fun, but the jumping session really need improvements and maybe a revision...

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
Farming Simulator 2019 (XBOX ONEX)
Played a bit more on my Small Map, just a bit.. There is now a smaller Claas Xerion on the MOD Menue, but its still a bit too big for this map.., made a bit more hay, but its not a serious gameplay where i had to care about my finances..

Super Mario 3D Allstars , Super Mario 64 (Switch Lite)
Made some progress on Bomb Ons Bomb Mountain and the other map whit the Tower (i dont know how this is called in english), now i have about 6 Stars, plays quite good so far, even if this also runs on the Pyra..

Pulled out my old wii and found out the n64 emulators had updates. Recently. Not64 pushed a couple in 2020 so I updated them.

I'll likely be playing Goldeneye X, Timesplitters, R:Racing Evolution or a few others on it.

Still playing a few rounds of Killzone Mercenary bots on the vita before bed.

Ghosts of Tsushima, which has beautiful graphics (and I love the Samurai setting); makes me wonder how much more the next generation can bring. Nerd trivia: the main character is played by the guy who voices Zoro in the anime One Piece.

Skürüm (The ole Rolles 5) (Switch Lite)
Made my Pocket Thief Scill Legendary, and played a bit more on the Thiefs Guild Questline, so i put some poisen in the Met Barrel on the Honey Brew Brewery, near Whiterun, .. ^^ Im wasnt on Hight Rodgar yet, as i want first to make the Thiefs and the Assasins Guild Quests
Maybe this time i want to go full evil ^^ ..

I believe there's a cool horse you can get through the Thieve's Guild quests that's harder to kill. I've lost one horse and three companions in Skyrim so far, so I'd still be nervous about losing it.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'm only at the beginning, but seems exactly identical to "Rise of the Tomb Raider", that I liked very much, except for the fact that I'm constantly interrupted by LONG cinematics... so long that my gamepad turns off for energy save, and doesn't work when I suddenly need it just for a second... I don't like at all these kind of interactions during non-interactive scenes... I never understand when I'm actually playing or not...

I really hope that it will become soon less movie and more game...

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

I'm only at the beginning, but seems exactly identical to "Rise of the Tomb Raider", that I liked very much, except for the fact that I'm constantly interrupted by LONG cinematics... so long that my gamepad turns off for energy save, and doesn't work when I suddenly need it just for a second... I don't like at all these kind of interactions during non-interactive scenes... I never understand when I'm actually playing or not...

I really hope that it will become soon less movie and more game...
Honestly I thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider had less of that than the first game, but it's been a long time since I played the first.. Actually still need to finish this to play the third. I really enjoy that these were ported to Linux.

Honestly I thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider had less of that than the first game, but it's been a long time since I played the first.. Actually still need to finish this to play the third. I really enjoy that these were ported to Linux.
The first game was really a bad game, they took a platform and transformed it in a shooter, a shooter with neverending cinematics between the push of a button and the other one... but the second game (Rise) was ok, it was a really "Tomb Raiderish", both for gameplay and atmosphere... I never felt the cinematic there where ruining the game session.

Untitled Goose Game

goose.png

Just finished No One Lives Forver. I think it's the 3rd time.
It has its flaws but it's a fun and impressive game : from the streets of Morocco to a freefall from a destroyed plane, to underwater to a space station, to a train to an evil mastermind's lair (and so many other levels in between)... Nowadays that most FPS will restrict themselves to one kind of environment, this is still as mindblowing as it was back then. The stealth+shoot is still a lot of fun. The stealth-only part less so (but not that frustrating compared to other games), the shooting is still solid, the vehicle sections are still underwhelming, the (dynamic) OST is still fabulous and so are the NPCs animations. And the humor still had me laughing a few times.

Really lovely game.

some of these games were fun enough to spend 5 minutes on.

The first game was really a bad game, they took a platform and transformed it in a shooter, a shooter with neverending cinematics between the push of a button and the other one... but the second game (Rise) was ok, it was a really "Tomb Raiderish", both for gameplay and atmosphere... I never felt the cinematic there where ruining the game session.
I started playing the first one. And I don't mind much the cinematic, but the QTE are really bothering. A few easy one help to set the mood, but some (like the wolf in the cave), was really bad, buggy, and not even surprising (I would have prefer a cinematic instead of a QTE). Environement and ambiance is pretty nice.
I'm alternating that game with SuperHot - MCD, which, all in all, I prefer. But it's anly good for short game session (perfect for me, as I don't spend much time gaming this days).

I started playing the first one. And I don't mind much the cinematic, but the QTE are really bothering. A few easy one help to set the mood, but some (like the wolf in the cave), was really bad, buggy, and not even surprising (I would have prefer a cinematic instead of a QTE). Environement and ambiance is pretty nice.

The graphic was good, but I didn't like a lot even how the things were added and mixed together, for example those secondary missions like "find all the mushrooms" or "explode all the mines" that had no means for the story or gameplay... also the "HERE -> there's the secret tomb !!" (that was actually called "The secret tomb") pointer that appear on the map even if you weren't even searching for it, were for me immersion breakers.
Some of those things are present even in the sequels, but are added in a way that they don't feel so out of place.

Oh, now that I remember what I didn't like the most, was the constant question to login into an account (that I didn't have/wanted) at every start !! And that question was impossible to be removed, also, because without that account, the DLC lists wasn't saved, at every start I had to confirm messages telling me "You now have that one DLC. OK" for every single DLC I had, that were like 10 or near.
Also, some "unlockables", like hand drawn pictures for the game, were "unlockable" in game, but accessible only outside it and with that damn account, else you weren't able to see them.
Maybe those things were solved at some point (I hope).

If you are enjoying that game, you'll be blown away by the sequels.

I tryed to play Super Mario Land DX 2 times on my Retrosix Picachu IPS Prestige Edition GBA
Worked quite good, it ditnt even run out of juice, and i used the Gameboy Everdrive instead of the GBA Everdrive whit GB Emulation,
Although the underside of the Bottonpart (where the Cardridge Slot is) sticks a bit in the Hand, but this is normal on a SP,
This Thing was not that ergonomic..

So i deveatet tatanga, the Boss in this Game 2 times, just to see if there is realy a Level Pick feature ..
It is, but i ditnt had that much luck in using it..

Back