What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Road Rash III (Mega Drive) via Picodrive on the GP2X. So enjoyable with the joystick. About to buy my last "sports bike" ;)
Also it amuses me how "Germany" is defined by "winter" :D :D
Had the Vita in my hands yesterday, too, but only to add the recent "Atari Lynx 30th birthday" homebrews and to check out "Silas´ Adventure" for half an hour, a 3D-Wolfenstein-like beta homebrew. https://atarigamer.com/lynx/game/SiIasAdventureSV2k19Version/680356193

• Love
Reactions: rSl

Currently in Level 4.
GOG's package works perfectly out of the box with current WINE. :)

Road Rash III (Mega Drive) via Picodrive on the GP2X. So enjoyable with the joystick. About to buy my last "sports bike" ;)
Had the Vita in my hands yesterday, too, but only to add the recent "Atari Lynx 30th birthday" homebrews and to check out "Silas´ Adventure" for half an hour, a 3D-Wolfenstein-like beta homebrew. https://atarigamer.com/lynx/game/SiIasAdventureSV2k19Version/680356193
I've never played any of the old versions but recently finished the latest Road Rash since I got it as a gift, did you like that?

Looks good. Good price either :)
I started with the original on the Game Gear (you have to write 20 letter passwords there...).

Looks good. Good price either :)
I started with the original on the Game Gear (you have to write 20 letter passwords there...).
Many fans of the original game don't seem to like it, but I really enjoyed and finised it although my system can barely run it and I had to lower the settings while still getting slowdowns, that's entirely on my 10 year old system though.
I'm looking forward to playing it again when I'll have a new PC someday.

I'd expect performance of PC games running via box86 and gl4es to match about a ten year old pc to be honest. That hopefully is quite a safe estimate though, so with a bit of luck I'll be surprised at what's actually possible on my Pyra.

iirc, you bought an ODROID or pine something or whatever ARM box with Linux and wanted to see if it's strong enough to be your next desktop PC. ?
No, I didn't. oO

I wanted to get a Mint Box Mini or something from the actual manufactures of that, but those are all x86.

@Klumpen I was referring to this:
I just ordered a Raspberry 4B 4GB set with transparent case, power supply, aluminium cooling fins and fitting hdmi cable, the shop gave me the option to choose whatever I want and I already have a 128gb micro SD card lying around as well as additional keyboards and mice.
Too bad the official black/grey case is sold out everywhere, so I took a transparent one since most others who look okay are made of aluminium and you know how that affects WLAN and BT...

I was seriously tired of using so much energy (desktop = 450W, rPI4B = 15W) and of the loud fan of my big system just to watch streams or movies from a docking station/HDD and for 80€ the whole set is as fast as this 10 year old system, even has the same amount of RAM.
Sold some stuff to make room, so had the 80€ right now anyway.

Also ordered another flat 7.5m LAN cable for it elsewhere.
I may permanently hook up my USB SNES clone pads to that, seems like a good fit.
All of this will be integrated into my HDMI-Switch Projector setup and will also be placed inside the shelf I recently fastened my silver screen on.

Does anyone here have a rPi and if yes, what do you use it for?
Only using 15W for streaming/watching videos and old console stuff seems very efficient and more friendly to the environment to me and I do that so much these days...
No need to waste 450W of energy and having the fan ruin the audio experience for playing ancient console stuff either.
I guess the desktop replacement part, I imagined. :)

@Klumpen I was referring to this:
I guess the desktop replacement part, I imagined. :)
Ahh, that was just for streaming and the likes, which didn't work out because none of the operating systems supported all the needed libs and scripts.
After many issues I did send it back, but they refused to refund it since I already attached the heatsink, so now it's sitting there waiting to be set up for something, I'll see whether one of the OS' made progress, after release not even Retropie worked on it....
I have my hands full with RL atm, maybe later.

iirc, you bought an ODROID or pine something or whatever ARM box with Linux and wanted to see if it's strong enough to be your next desktop PC. ?

I use a custom raspbian on my pi4 and it is very usable as a desktop. But then i also don't game much and don't do video editing. I'll probably never buy a "real" desktop again.
Post automatically merged:

Ahh, that was just for streaming and the likes, which didn't work out because none of the operating systems supported all the needed libs and scripts.
After many issues I did send it back, but they refused to refund it since I already attached the heatsink, so now it's sitting there waiting to be set up for something, I'll see whether one of the OS' made progress, after release not even Retropie worked on it....
I have my hands full with RL atm, maybe later.

What was wrong with it? Libreelec works great for a media center, and my desktop one also serves as a torrent box and sftp server.
Post automatically merged:

As far as games, I have been playing Gunslinger Call of Jaurez on my switch. I started Red Dead Redemption on xbox360 when it came out but never finished it.

Gunslinger is very entertaining and fun. Definately worth it.

cheers will check these out. got HandyVita on it as well a retroArch.
just played a bit of Dungeon Hunter Alliance for Vita...
glad i bought it now, was worried it was a waste of money because i already have a PSP with lots of homebrew but i am liking it betterthan the PSP.
got a 64GB microSD card in and adaptor and its working great. got to find the HDD with all my retro games stuff on it...

I was the one who wanted the Pyra as my Desktop Replacement, as my Notebook is from 2011, so and I want my Games not to play on PC; and I still think it will be fast enough for the Computer Tasks I want it for..

Dit I mentioned, my last play was Space Taxi on C64 Maxi??
Fun little game; but a bit difficult..

Space Taxi is wonderful - just take your time ;) ("up please") :D

RetroArch is fine on Vita, but far from working 100%; Handy for Atari Lynx is great though
Regarding RetroArch, too bad my raspberry pi 2 went boom a while ago, there everything that interested me went flawlessly.
So I got back to Pandora, after some weeks of retrogaming on TV via HDMI...
Yes, regarding PSP, playing through CoD on there again...my 100% savegame was from 2014. Gut stuck near the half-track the other day, need to remember how to get aorund it (literally).

^^ RoadRash3 (MD) defines Kenya by "elephants standing by the road". Regarding the "snow" in Germany, I really laughed out loud sarcastically a bit because Oberhof is not far from my place and there, the snow for the winter games last weekend, by 2020, now has to be "imported" by a string of vans.

got retroarch working on a raspPi3+ so no real need for it on the vita just thought i would give it a go.
pushed around 80 Lynx games accross last night now to sort what i like and dont like .
might still use retro arch to handle all the other emu's though GBA,NES,SNES,Sega etc... adrenalie works great for PSP games and also plays my PS1 eboots no problem.. going to need a bigger SD card to hold all these games....

Back