What are you playing this weekend/these days?

Playing through Breath of Fire on my phone waiting for my Pyra. I noticed on romhacking.net there was a translation patch that fixed a few thing so I thought I'd give it a try. I passed it as a kid and can't remember any bad translations but it was a long time ago.

The on screen controls of my phone are driving me nuts though, I can't wait to get a Pyra. . .

I'm also considering getting Terraria, I have never played it but always thought it looked cool. The next time it goes on sale on Gog I'm picking it up. I'm kinda bored with minecraft, I don't think I can play it solo anymore, I need to have others to play it with.

The screen shots and RPG tag on the Steam page make me think this has combat? Hoping that's not the case, don't want to spoil myself by watching a video.
Not really. There are a couple of battles but they are puzzles not arcade sequences. I would not call it an RPG either (no stats, levels, etc.).

I decided I needed a bit more content for my 3DS while I'm waiting for my Pyra, so I've bought a few things on the eshop. A couple of picross games which were over far too quickly for my liking, and a sort of JRPG called Brave Dungeon. I say a sort of JRPG because while it has levels and stats and dungeons and battle screens, it doesn't have any kind of overworld or indeed any kind of story. You complete a dungeon and then you're straight back to the town where you can craft items or level up and that kind of thing. The pre-game attract mode has more of a story than the main game does.

But if you like a bit of stat building and the art style is quite nice, there's still plenty to enjoy. A straight playthrough takes about twenty hours, but once you've done that more stuff unlocks and there's a lot more content to spend your game money on.

I'm playing Metroid 2 Return of Samus on my GameBoy Pocket this weekend.
This is an awesome game.
Metroid2_boxart.jpg

I've found a rom hack for the Gameboy version of Gargoyles Quest 2 so I can play it in English. Loved the first one, and enjoying this one too

I'm finally playing ALL the way through Earthbound. I have made it to getting Poo once with my little brother when we were kids and every time I start it since I just get busy doing something else. And the text during battles just wears me out, too much text that isn't skipable. After this I'm going to play through Shining Force II. I owned this as a kid, got almost to the end, and then the contrast wheel on my Nomad broke and I never finished it.

I'm finally playing ALL the way through Earthbound. I have made it to getting Poo once with my little brother when we were kids and every time I start it since I just get busy doing something else. And the text during battles just wears me out, too much text that isn't skipable. After this I'm going to play through Shining Force II. I owned this as a kid, got almost to the end, and then the contrast wheel on my Nomad broke and I never finished it.
So you were one of those 10 people on the planet that owned the legendary Sega Nomad, you rich boy!
P.S. Shining Force games are incredibly boring. Still kinda like them though.

Last edited:
There were plenty of people who owned nomads back on rec.games.sega or somewhere along those lines (the old newsgroup hierarchies desert me these days), mainly so they could moan about the crappy battery life as I recall. I think they were all based in the US though, if that makes any sense to you.

Yeah, the Nomad had horrible battery life but I had a car adapter and a wall adapter. I mainly played it on road trips and at home. I was kinda an outcast in school, everyone had Game Boys but I think Sega games were better than GB games so I didn't mind.
Shining Force games are incredibly boring.
I don't find them boring as much as I find them repetitive. That is a problem I have with a lot of games, like Earthbound, the battles have SO much text and it is ALWAYS the same and it scrolls SO slow. I like the graphics, music, and story of these games though. Battle system, not so much, hence the reason I haven't passed them.

Sunday i resumed to play HALO 1 on the XBOX ONE,
On a Play some Weeks ago i played the first Mission on the Spaceship, but unfortunitly they made a big update for the Collection some Days ago, so i have to start from the begining,
Pretty Cool Console Shooter, but you see at every corner, that this was originaly a XBOX Game, Cool is the feature to have 2 Graphic Filters: One Button Push and you can chose between the Original XBOX Graphics and a more recent Graphics, , still Miles Away from a Far Cry 5 but not that bad as on the XBOX 1..

Yesterday, i played some "Going Vacations" on the Switch, i unlocket the City and the Mountain, and the Snow Ressort,
Fun Game but its from the WII, and they ditnt made anything to improve the Graphics,

Playing Zork 1 via the f-droid app "Text Fiction", which is quite neat as it works just like texting (with message bubbles).

I've been considering revisiting a couple of the Steve Jackson game books too. Unfortunately I gave them to a friend a few years ago...

Last edited:
Back