What are you playing this weekend/these days?

House Party. Peony has been playing fashion designer again.

C4bZrLLr.png

So House Party is still a thing? I saw an Lets Play a few years ago, seems to be quite a whyrd Game where you try to get liked by all the Womans on an House Party ..

I’m playing Metroid Prime (GC) and am about to give up. Now you guys motivated me to game more and actually complete games which I am proud to be doing, usually. But I’m at super annoying boss. It’s not fun or clever. Just blasting, dodging and bombs. But your visor gets fogged up and you can’t see for a while. Then you keep getting frozen. Now my blaster isn’t locking on half the time and my charge bombs don’t always fire. It’s chaos. Ive tried three times now and my wrists are sore. Fuck this. It’s got nice graphics and ambience but this is not a GOAT like it’s classified. It’s very poor design that it’s become so difficult. I really don’t want to give up though. My wrists hurt!! I’ll give it one more go.

Rogue Legacy

Cool chill out platform rogue-lite.
I finished the main game, and I'm still playing sometimes the "new game +" that keeps all the progress of the previous play but makes the game more difficult.

At every play you have to choose a character between 3 random generated ones, them have different classes (mage-like / fighter-like and inbeetween), a random magic (this goes from throwing knives to fireshield), and a couple of characteristics... the last one is the pretty funny part.
Characters could be colorblind, so you will play the game without colors, or they could be affected by giantism, dwarfism or things like seeing totally reversed, to be afraid of chickens (the ones you use to regain health in this case will run away !!), etc... (also gay... but I'm not sure what it means in the game...).

Most of these characteristic can be useful against some elements in the game, for example there are different small passages that only little characters can use, etc...

There are anyway different ways to customize a character with weapons / armors / enchantments with different attributes, if you need someone to maximize money, to jump high, to give maximum damage, etc... and there are also a LOT of permament upgrades.
This is one of those games where even if you suck at it (like forever), just keep playing and at some point it will become easier thanks to the upgrades.

The castle is randomized every time a character dies and a new game is started (with one of his randomized children), BUT there's a way to keep the previous castle and so the already uncovered map (with a negative bonus on collected coins), so to use the new character to enter / complete rooms not doable by the previous one.

I’m playing Metroid Prime (GC) and am about to give up. Now you guys motivated me to game more and actually complete games which I am proud to be doing, usually. But I’m at super annoying boss. It’s not fun or clever. Just blasting, dodging and bombs. But your visor gets fogged up and you can’t see for a while. Then you keep getting frozen. Now my blaster isn’t locking on half the time and my charge bombs don’t always fire. It’s chaos. Ive tried three times now and my wrists are sore. Fuck this. It’s got nice graphics and ambience but this is not a GOAT like it’s classified. It’s very poor design that it’s become so difficult. I really don’t want to give up though. My wrists hurt!! I’ll give it one more go.
Maybe look-up a video, probably there's some tips/hints to be found. If it's pure luck you just have to try a couple of times.

ROGUE-FP

Just found this game, it's ROGUE, but First Person... looking at the video made me want it.

The graphic can be textures/characters/hybrid (with textures made of characters), and there's a full map lockable so you can play directly on it (similar to rogue), instead of the first person view.

You can also use a gamepad to play it.

It is not reported on the store pages but the author is still actively developing the game and he's open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Ah... roguelikes. Played a lot of POWDER on Pandora, n900, NDS, Android etc...
If you like a bit of simulation and survival with building check out Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead using a free launcher.

I have been playing my new PS3 when my family are away because my wife criticized me for gaming (in addition to everything else). I've got a ton of excellent games loaded and waiting.

Today I played Ninja Gaiden Σ. It's very well done. Love the vibe. So Japanese. Took me about 10 tries to beat the first boss. Ninja Gaiden 2 was my first NES game so I have a soft spot. I just wish I were a better gamer. I used Ryu Hayabusa as the mascot for a project once. It was called "Dark Edge".
1727979588804.png

The old art was way better:
1727979406496.png

I have also been enjoying Ridge Racer 7. It has some of the best drifting. I'm a bit annoyed that I can't seem to be able to reduce the FX volume. Definitely a top-tier racer.

I also play Tetris every day. It's really forgiving in that you can still rotate blocks long after they should have settled and it gives you preview of 5 (!!) blocks so I should be able to get a very high score. So far I have only topped 100k a few times. My goal is 500k.

Also played Tokyo Jungle a bit. So cute. Stealth ftw.
1727979155061.png

Ah... roguelikes. Played a lot of POWDER on Pandora, n900, NDS, Android etc...
If you like a bit of simulation and survival with building check out Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead using a free launcher.
I discovered hack & slash rogue-like games in some kind of reverse order... the first one, was Diablo, it seemed like the ultimate game at the time, with the random maps, equipment and different characters... some months later I discovered "Legend of the Silver Talisman", that was somehow overshadowed by Diablo, but except for the inferior graphic it had everything and more, and at some point I found out about the original Rogue... I wasn't expecting too much considering that it wasn't even a graphical game, but damn, it was able to show with just characters a lit or a dark room, line of view, walls, doors, different kind of enemies, it had a somehow complex system for equipment / weapons / potions and scrolls, I was blown away... Diablo was just a showcase in comparison.

But Rogue isn't a real RPG, it's more an arcade game, and this is good for perma-death, because it is not much of an issue to restart the game and become stronger again, instead when games like this are too much deep or complex then it becomes an issue... after Rogue I played a LOT of clones or similar games, and the one I appreciated the most was Omega, it had Guilds, factions, a full map with different dungeons, a karma system, skills, etc... but dying in that game meant losing too much progress... and yeah, there was a way to backup/restore the save game, but at some point I was playing more with the save file than the game.

Playing Steel Talons on the trusty Nomad pretty much lately...trying to beat it. The difference to the Lynx one (which is no less playable despite the even lower frame rate from today's point of view) is there but from mission 3 on it is like a new game for me and shooting down the enemy planes is much easier. The best tip is to fly low and never stop moving, and try to shoot tanks and AA first.

This comparison also requires me to have 12 AAs fully charged at all times ;)

Latest game I played was a homebrew game I made for the Gameboy on my Analogue Pocket (https://www.analogue.co/pocket).

On My PC I've been playing Artisan TD. I played Element TD2 a lot, and Artisan TD isn't at the same level. But it's a nice tower-defense game. If you dislike too much variables of complexity I probably recommend Artisan TD; although it's gradually becomes harder after the initial levels.

I've been playing Final Fantasy 1 for NES lately, in an emulator on my original Xbox :)
There is supposed to be nice emulation possible on later Xbox's (like Series X) when dev-mode is enabled.
I can't somehow get this mode due to some corporation adding me to their network for a Teams call, this configuration appears to break their automated process for requesting such a dev account.
But if you like emulators on consoles, it's supposed to be top notch.
Personally I would like to used it also for running my homebrew applications as usually you don't get access to SDK's from consoles.

Back