What are you playing this weekend/these days?

So..... I think I'm giving up on Majora's Mask. The 3 day time limit stresses me out and I also don't like the repetitiveness. So I've started Skyward Sword (Wii) again. I actually didn't beat it last time.

Fwiw - I got a switch for Xmas that I am returning. Hopefully the switch 2 will be out by the time i beat SS and BotW and TotK will be rehashed and I'll play those into 2025/6. Looking forward!

Just finished The Journey Down. Takes a while to get up to speed, good mood and laughter feels too acted and forced on the characters. It's a neat story with likeable characters though, the puzzles are never hard and only a bit obtuse in one or two places. Music is good. throughout. The ending is very nice, gave me a big fat grin.

Next: Beyond a Steel Sky

I just finished Disco Elysium: Final Cut. Apart from some very minor interface bugs, I wholeheartedly loved it. From the outstanding voice acting (just the narrator had over 350 000 words) to the absolutely fantastic dialog and story :) The mood and setting is thoroughly well described and I liked the character skill system and "thought cabinet"

Yeah, I've seen videos about it. I am playing Gameboy Tetris, so not as cool as the NES version for such accomplishments

well i spent the weekend playing this weird game where you go outside into the backyard and pull up weeds. fill bins with recycling and rubish. As a down side you get a sore back and have to go lie down! I think its called Life ????

well i spent the weekend playing this weird game where you go outside into the backyard and pull up weeds. fill bins with recycling and rubish. As a down side you get a sore back and have to go lie down! I think its called Life ????
Sounds like Animal Crossing to me :p

I really enjoyed that one.

Couldn't get in to The Journey Down, but may try again. Wasn't sure on the style at first.

Probably the highest percentage of my Steam games are (point and click) adventures.
By now I've restarted BeyaSS several hours into it, because I've run into a game-stopping bug. But on the other hand I have to say this is in my top five adventures already. Well, after lumping all Lucas Arts games together into one. The highly detailed, colourful surroundings and the sheer amount of witty dialogue accompanying the well fleshed-out characters have so far managed to enchant me. I love that the NPCs are interacting and even reacting to the PC being in close proximity while doing so. That makes for such great immersion in the game world - and it takes great advantage from the fact that this is a 3D third person style game. I can't remember any other game doing that. Which is likely due to my poorly working brains. The hacking feature, even if it's buggy in several places, is innovative and just plain cool. With this adventures have ascended to a new plane of entertainment.
This game is so much better than The Journey Down. I would not buy the latter unless on a considerable discount. BeyaSS is worth every penny, no matter the price.

Edit: Finished BeyaSS. I'm only disappointed that the hacking puzzles were never difficult. I feel like you could do so much more with this system. Hope there will be another game like this in the future. Two thumbs up, highly recommended.
Post automatically merged:

Goshdarnit I'd be happy to have a backyard. And even more so one that would allow me to legally grow weed...

Last edited:
Peony has within the limitations of the House Party character customisation system been making the main characters look more like our IRL selves. I think she's done a particularly good job with me because I 100% look like a 20 something year old boy band member IRL. :cool:

gGsg3e12.png
EDH6dFpM.png

Finished In Sound Mind. Never heard of this game and jumped in blindly - and so happy I did. First person exploration/adventure with light puzzling. It's dark, creepy and has a bunch of jump scares which all happen while you still have full control of your character - there's no cutscenes. Story revolves around supernatural happenings, mysterious deaths and mental illness. There is some shooting involved, but not a lot. There are "bosses" that have a trick to them. Some hunt you all over their respective level. Each level introduces a new mechanic. There's quite a lot of stuff to collect to permanently improve your character with. And handful of easter eggs, and a few jokes and nods. I like the lighting and visual effects.

Great game that totally flew under my radar. Now I'm hoping to see a successor. Highly recommended. There's even a talking cat!

Dungeon Keeper Gold

When I have seen that KeeperFX (a custom engine to play the game in higher resolutions) reached the version 1.0, so with the "stable" state, I started again to play the game.
Turned out to be awesome !
It can not only be used to play the original campaign and extra levels in FULL-HD (and more), it also contains a lot of other fun made campaigns and levels !!

Now this game really stand the test of time !!

Not only it's good as a Dungeon simulator, with lively creatures that do their stuff in autonomy, but the possibility to use creatures in first person view opens up a lot of new game types, from DOOM-like where you must just win a dungeon with a single creature, from puzzle-like games, where you need to select the correct creature for every job, etc...

I tried different "similar" games before, in the hope to find the perfect modern substitute, but none had the right recipe...

Some examples:

Dungeon Keeper 2
Was made more simple and more cinematic, removing a lot of interactions, with less interactions between creatures too, these last ones also have less personality, they does everything happily... also the first person view while inside creatures is grafically dumbed down, there are no more creatures with a distorted view (like smoked view, exagonal view, stretched view, etc...) but just a different color view...
The Reaper is part of the "made more simple" gameplay, now you don't have anymore to deal with its difficult character, you just summon it and wait while it kills your enemies.

War of the Overworld
Very well made game, with the same feel, but still less (or not existent) interactions between creatures... also no first person view... it missed a lot of opportunities...

Dungeons 2 and 3
Same concept, a little different feel, interactions between creatures are really minimal... it introduces the possibility to attack the overworld, but there it becomes a "normal" RTS, where the creatures becomes soulless soldiers that blindly follows orders... also no first person view..

I got KeeperFX to run on the Pandora with Box86 + wine. It was playable, maybe not full speed but good enough for early levels.
The base game is fun but from the "tactical" point of view it's pretty basic except for a few missions. There are a few secret levels with interesting twists and I don't doubt that some people found ways to make similarly interesting levels.
But I think that's why nobody has been able to make a modern substitute: because the actual game loop isn't that fun (once you get used to it). It requires either clever levels or player creativity to turn it into something really fun.

Back