Weight

It's like those dudes from sears who lift refrigerators and ovens up stairs and around houses. Do they say "har har i can lift 350lbs because i have a belt on"? No. When someone askes how much you can lift, they USUALLY mean bench, which entails lifting something straight up using one's arms.

iignotus posted on Sep 4 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:12 PM said:
I can guarantee that when you 'lift her off the ground' you dont pick her up at a decent level and walk around ;)

Besides, using your entire body to lift something is entirely different than using your arms.

Well, I just tested it out, and while it did kinda hurt and all, I managed to get to carry her around in my arms at around stomach chest level.
Just stop talking. You obviously have no idea what a rep is. You can not bench your sister's weight and do reps if picking her up to waist-level hurts you. Though, I wouldn't expect anything more impressive from an 11 year old.

I don't care about rep. I found the closest possible reference, and I answered truthfully. What more do you want? A full out flame war on you and dcgm? Goddammit, I already admitted that I don't know how much I can actually bench and conceded to dcgm. What more do you want of me?

@dcgm Didn't I say I gave up the argument or whatever? Just drop it already! God!

P.s. I'm 14, not 11. Please get it right from now on.

Edit: Yes, that does mean you win, dcgm. And you too, iignotus, go give your pal a pat on the back. Hohoho, I'm dcgm's bitch now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I weight 170 lbs.
I usually benched 140lbs . I can squat 310 lbs. pretty easily.

*hee hee hee he said squat!

I used to run track in college, 3 months ago, but now I graduated and don't lift weights anymore.

Loubear posted on Sep 5 2006 at 01:31 AM said:
iignotus posted on Sep 4 2006 at 07:59 PM said:
Loubear posted on Sep 4 2006 at 03:06 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 4 2006 at 02:12 PM said:
I can guarantee that when you 'lift her off the ground' you dont pick her up at a decent level and walk around ;)

Besides, using your entire body to lift something is entirely different than using your arms.

Well, I just tested it out, and while it did kinda hurt and all, I managed to get to carry her around in my arms at around stomach chest level.
Just stop talking. You obviously have no idea what a rep is. You can not bench your sister's weight and do reps if picking her up to waist-level hurts you. Though, I wouldn't expect anything more impressive from an 11 year old.

I don't care about rep. I found the closest possible reference, and I answered truthfully. What more do you want? A full out flame war on you and dcgm? Goddammit, I already admitted that I don't know how much I can actually bench and conceded to dcgm. What more do you want of me?

@dcgm Didn't I say I gave up the argument or whatever? Just drop it already! God!

P.s. I'm 14, not 11. Please get it right from now on.

Edit: Yes, that does mean you win, dcgm. And you too, iignotus, go give your pal a pat on the back. Hohoho, I'm dcgm's bitch now.
So, you are 14 but brag about the penis size of an 11 year old?

What about lifting my girlfriend whos 140 with only my arms in wedding position. That count? Ive never tried actual benchpresses.

PSyMastR posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:01 PM said:
What about lifting my girlfriend whos 140 with only my arms in wedding position. That count? Ive never tried actual benchpresses.

Well, I did that with my sister, and judging by dcgm and iignotus's reactions, no it doesn't. :lol:

@sam fisher

...And they say I'm immature. You're the king sam...

Loubear posted on Sep 5 2006 at 02:04 AM said:
PSyMastR posted on Sep 4 2006 at 09:01 PM said:

Well, I did that with my sister, and judging by dcgm and iignotus's reactions, no it doesn't. :lol:

@sam fisher

...And they say I'm immature. You're the king sam...
I know you are. And for the last time, YOU ARE NOT SAM. I AM SAM. Stop referring to yourself in th ethird person and with my name. I'd punch you but his is th wrong forum for that.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 5 2006 at 01:12 AM said:
It's like those dudes from sears who lift refrigerators and ovens up stairs and around houses. Do they say "har har i can lift 350lbs because i have a belt on"? No. When someone askes how much you can lift, they USUALLY mean bench, which entails lifting something straight up using one's arms.
and chest.

It's because of being in the Army mostly (they make me be in shape otherwise I'm a fat nerdy slob), but I can bench about 130 lbs in reps of 10 or my max lift is about 170 lbs. (I can also run three miles in 24 minutes, but that's not impressive unless you don't run at all.)

michaeljustman posted on Sep 5 2006 at 06:32 AM said:
It's because of being in the Army mostly (they make me be in shape otherwise I'm a fat nerdy slob), but I can bench about 130 lbs in reps of 10 or my max lift is about 170 lbs. (I can also run three miles in 24 minutes, but that's not impressive unless you don't run at all.)

I just started running in July or something, but I can run like a 6.5, 7 minute mile. But I like biking a lot better, it's my usual way of transportation.

michaeljustman posted on Sep 5 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
(I can also run three miles in 24 minutes, but that's not impressive unless you don't run at all.)
When i was in the german airforce, i knew someone who made it in 16 minutes :p

Fishbong posted on Sep 5 2006 at 07:53 AM said:
michaeljustman posted on Sep 5 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
(I can also run three miles in 24 minutes, but that's not impressive unless you don't run at all.)
When i was in the german airforce, i knew someone who made it in 16 minutes :p

Wow...5.3 minute mile. And for 3 miles? Amazing.

Back