Web browser giving problems

sukhi2011

Web browser can't play you tube videos it comes with black screen,these are web browsers like arora,fennec,chromium and many others only firefox 5.0 plays them but is very slow,is there any solution how can you tube videos played faster.

How can it be installed there,that is for file system but my file saved to sd card.

Is there any chance installing realone player,it was on fire fox addon page for linux os.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only browser that supports flash is Firefox 5.0, and as you said is quite slow. Try the minitube app, plays videos pretty well when you overclock.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=minitube

I greatly beg to differ, I have flash working fine in Chromium as well, its just slow unless OC'ing quite a bit.

http://www.renegade-uiq.com/

Download flash torrent from there, and drop the extracted file in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

Done. =)
Mini tube is full speed,wow i'm impressed.

I try to download videos and it was completed then i checked the video it wasn't there,do you know why.

The other thing is when you watch videos full screen it not full screen it has black borders from left and right how can it be stretched.

would you quit creating threads and use the search function

The midori PND can also have the flash plugin dropped into it in pandora/appdata/midori/plugins but needs renaming from libflashplayer.so to adobeflashplayer.so. That should also work.

I find Chromium no longer works with flash (perhaps need to put the plugin back) but in addition it is now outdated and you cant add themes or extensions from the store. Which is a pity as its perhaps the better browser upon Pandora with kinetic scrolling and other addons etc.

Nice going it has made you tube worked better before no videos were showing.

Is there any other flash file,usually i use flash 10.1x it's one of the best file,which makes everything work.

Have you noticied in firefox and midori,when you play a you tube video there is redline at the top.

The bad thing the videos can't be played in full screen it shows white screen.

Nice going it has made you tube worked better before no videos were showing.

Is there any other flash file,usually i use flash 10.1x it's one of the best file,which makes everything work.

Have you noticied in firefox and midori,when you play a you tube video there is redline at the top.

The bad thing the videos can't be played in full screen it shows white screen.

nope, that's the best available for now
On the maemo site there is vlc plugin download,is that any use?

I'm having problems with firefox,when you start it takes you to google as first page and when you type something it creates dropdown menu,what you have typed,how can that be deleted.

For instance if you type openpandora next time you will only need to type o and full word appears underneath that line.

How can that plugin be installed in firefox plugin folder.

Flash doesn't seem to work on Pandora :(

And the version in the repo is outdated :(

and if you plan to share it around with other browsers, you might have to rename it to something different, documentation files come in handy here

and if you plan to share it around with other browsers, you might have to rename it to something different, documentation files come in handy here
The latest plugin was available from maemo and was 10.1v and it worked like a charm with some settings done you tube runs full speed for me sometimes it shows some slowdown but it's excellent.

Yes it's true firefox has it inc. and plays most videos on many sites but midori plays videos fine but one or two sites doesn't play the at all,firefox is an clear winner and plus firefox has persona.

I've heard there is new plugin which is ipk file but when i use command line sudo ipkg install,it wouldn't install,just says file not found.

I think the command you would need is similar to this

sudo opkg install *.ipk

which should run from a terminal opened in the same folder as the ipk file, OR you can put the filename.ipk instead of the * sign it should then prompt for password and then install the ipk file to the relevant place in the nand/SD installed filesystem.

I installed 6 of the ipk files,it said installing to the root and configuring,is that correct.

When i played the videos installing all of them,there was no difference.

I was merely providing you with the install command and it sounds as though they did install to wherever the OS deemed was appropriate, however I haven't tried this myself and I dont know what ipk files you were installing, so I dont know if the lack of desired result is correct or not.

In another thread Milkshake has suggested to you, that the ipk files you used are probably the very same TI released Flash plugin that is already inside Firefox PND, so the lack of difference is probably correct.

To my knowledge the only NEW Flash plugin is this one http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5440-lightspark/ that B-Zar pointed out and which mcobit and Dark_Link and no doubt others are keen to eventually get working for the Pandora, if they can figure out other dependencies that will need updating/re-writing in our current build of Angstrom first, to make it work.

If they figure it out, then we may have a new flash plugin that might offer better flash playback. Until then, its how it is for now afaik, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the new lash plugin but when install it gives error,i used following command sudo opkg install then installation file next to install,why is it doing that,can you tell me how to do it.

I think you misunderstood me sukhiextreme.

The new flash plugin doesn't work yet.

As I said, "B-Zar, mcobit and others are keen to figure it out and get it to work in the future". At present we are still stuck with the old flash plugin only.

Don't bother trying to install this one as it wont work at present, sorry.

Correct me if wrong guys :)

Back