We Remember

t22r91s

Still Fresh
We are hyped to see the new pandora get released, we have nothing better to do then watch these forums. We bought a gp2x when it first came out or when we first heard of it. We played the original system, and then relived the memories through emulators in our later lives. If this is a description of you then join me in the final hoorah before the gp2x gets put up with the snes, the nes, and even the Atari. I wanted a list of all of the best software, or the most memorable gp2x stories so i thought i would ask you kind and wonderful folk who have been here through the changing times.

i heard about the GP2X in 2006 (?) i think. Great console!

the only problem right now is I've recently lost the battery cover - held it underneath my jacket for a while walking around and then omg! its gone. I'm glad the Pandora will have an inbuilt battery lasting for 10+ hours :)

Uhhh what makes you think the GP2X is getting hung up just yet?

The only reason you might think that is because the huge influx of Pandora idiots posting ridiculous crap has sorta drowned the rest of us out.

Oh, that and the forums we traditionally used have been inundated and unusable for almost a week now thanks to people getting excited over a console that isn't even delivered yet.

Definitely, the GP2X has plenty of life left, just remember Open2x's public release is yet to come among other things. Not to mention that with the Wiz coming up as a direct successor (identical inputs and same screen resolution), things look very good as far as back-ports go.

I agree with Senor Quack, the massive influx of future Pandora users over at GP32x really suffocated the GP2X community. Perhaps in the end the better choice would be to keep the two forums separate, as you can see Pandora's much larger audience would simply drown what little voice the GP2X will have left.

Alex

cloudy-cola-corp said:
*sigh* I wanted a GP2x for 2 years, then when I went to buy one, they where all sold out :( and the oldest consoles I own are the n64 and ps1. but I'll join your celebration :D

Exactly the same as me. And I mean EXACTLY!

So I'll celebrate too! :)

Nothing to remember. GP2X is still very capable of running 1000's of emulated games and some of the best homebrew games available. You will not live long enough to play them all :)

And like Alex said there are still devs active, and I think some devs will port their work from Pandora/Wiz to the GP2X in the future as well.

slaughtered_lamb said:
Heres to new releases on GP2X!! :gp2x:

Hey ben_monk - you're Sig is "pretty, pretty, pretty good!" :lol:

:lol: I was waiting for someone to say that!

slaughtered_lamb: If we're talking about sigs (and avatars for that matter) I wanted to compliment yours, both from An American Werewolf in London, one of my all time favorite movies! I was pretty young when it came out (I'm 39 now) and remember being absolutely terrified by the trailer they showed on TV, the one with David waking up in the hospital bed all yellow eyed and toothy. Awesome!

As far as remembering the GP2x, I don't really have to remember as I play mine every day. I originally pre-ordered mine back in the day (F100 first edition) and when the F200 came out got one of those as well. The F100 went to a buddy. I still love my GP2x and as far as I'm concerned it will never die. In the other forum my sig has been, for quite some time, The GP2x is dead. Long live the GP2x! I'm also pre-ordered a Pandora and look forward to that as well, but my GP2x will always be a fave because it first got me into the world of open source handhelds.

p

Senor Quack said:
Uhhh what makes you think the GP2X is getting hung up just yet?

The only reason you might think that is because the huge influx of Pandora idiots posting ridiculous crap has sorta drowned the rest of us out.

Oh, that and the forums we traditionally used have been inundated and unusable for almost a week now thanks to people getting excited over a console that isn't even delivered yet.

I hear ya bro

Back