Warlock Of Firetop Mountain Vns - Half Way Now!

Grebn

Alright all,

Well, 90 A4 pages of code and almost 100 hand-drawings and its half way there.

For those familiar with the game, I'm just about to reach the Vampire's crypt.

Anyway, the website (http://www.scip.org.uk/ab/pogart/gp32.htm) is being updated on a daily basis, so you can keep abreast of developments there.

I'm getting quite excited now. The only current downer is that, because of the vast sea of code, it's quite a long loader off the SMC (32 seconds so far and its not even finished). I've given up on a VNS update now so I'm ploughing on regardless. Shame Mr Leech doesn't seem to be in the game anymore - it would speed up so much of the game!

Anyway, check it out if you haven't yet - an early demo version can be downloaded - it's pretty primitive compared to whats there now, but it'll give you an idea.

See ya!

Paul

Nice work man! :)
I dont care about the loading time, as long as we know its loading we can wait :p

Keep it up, cant wait for the final version. Just a question, do you have to start all over each time you play, or can you start from your last position/game?

Hi there,

I was thinking about that. VNS has a built in save function, so you can save and load your game at any point. Extra to that though, I was considering doing it so that when you died, you go back to the last 'checkpoint' (maybe the locations that allow you to have a rest), rather than having to go back to the start irrespective of how far you'd got.

It'd be less frustrating anyway. Unless you're given the choice, in case there's an essential item you forgot to pick up earlier on. I think that would be best (it'd be easy to implement as well).

Paul

Played the second demo, seems like it will be a fun game.

Enter it in the gbax competition, that way, at least all of the people who give each contest game a go will play it.

Probably might even net you a prize :)

Good luck with the second half.

Personally, I am really looking forward to this final release. Something really different, and it's clearly been a labour of love. Good for you Grebn, you are to be wholehartedly congratulated on this project. Very much anticipating the fruition of your work. On ya.

Hi Ya

as the book is getting big (and loading times) would it be possible to break the book into 2 parts but still use the same variables?

Just a thought - either way I am waiting with baited breath (hope I don't collapse from lack of air, before the book arrives)

you can see the finishing line from there I should imagine

cheers Tarka
:D

Hi Tarka,

I'm afraid not - just can't port variables from one game to another. Shame. I think the loading time will be about 1 minute when its finished.

Paul

Just checked out your site and it's great to see how it's progressing, I'm computerless right now so I can't test it out but am eagerly waiting for the complete release some time.

You definately must enter this into the competition, I reckon you stand a good chance of winning big!

Keep it up :)

Back