Warlock Of Firetop Mountain Problem Sorted!

Grebn

Hi all,

For anyone concerned by my panic caused at VNS's sieve-like memory leaking issues, I have news. Warlock of Firetop Mountain is now back on track - I took the advice of Tarka and split the game into two separate parts, accessed by a password sysem given on completion of part 1.

So yeah - it needs one more good playtest, but it seems to be finished. When GBAX have finished picking its bones for the competition it should appear on gp32x.de - Evildragon will also be translating it into German as soon as I email it to him (probably tonight).

So yeah, we're nearly there!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good :)
I'm just wondering whether it would be possible using a save file instead of a password system for VNS :)

But, well, most important thing: Playable from the beginning to the end :)

I don´t think so. VNS cannot use foreign files, there´s one file for every game where the game saves and loads its data.
But maybe it would be possible to rename that file so that the 2nd part can use it. Maybe.

Fishbong posted on May 25 2005 at 03:20 PM said:
I don´t think so. VNS cannot use foreign files, there´s one file for every game where the game saves and loads its data.
But maybe it would be possible to rename that file so that the 2nd part can use it. Maybe.

Oh, so you can't give it a custom filename?
Damn, that would've been nice :)

Anyways, password is nearly equally good :)

Last edited:
Back