Wanting someone to update Beebdroid. Money waiting :)

I have my LG V20 phone and ,my GPD XD+ ( with physical controls ) but 0.1 crashed out.. I`ll try and get a logcat with that

I have my LG V20 phone and ,my GPD XD+ ( with physical controls ) but 0.1 crashed out.. I`ll try and get a logcat with that
A logcat of 0.2, right? Ta.

LG v20 has a Snapdragon 820 with an arm-8 core, so it should have backward compatibility to v7, but maybe it's blocked? The GPD XD+ is also 64 bit. Cooking a 64 bit ARM solution may take time, but will be necessary to get it on Google play since they now require 64 bit libraries.

My phone is also 64 bit ARM (Snapdragon 835) and it's happy to run 32 bit.

Last edited:

Hey, any luck with the logcat on the GPD of its crash with 0.2, or trying Arcadians with a different Bluetooth keyboard?

Cheers.

No.. can you help with me some logging? I can`t install adb. I thought I didn`t have a keyboard. But I think my wife has one with her tablet. I`ll try that.

No.. can you help with me some logging? I can`t install adb. I thought I didn`t have a keyboard. But I think my wife has one with her tablet. I`ll try that.

Without ADB, you can't really get logs, and I can't diagnose a crash without that or a huge amount of faffing about. Too bad you're not near London. You don't have access to any sort of laptop or computer? Linux, Mac, or Windows all work. BSD probably has a Linux compatibility layer.

If you have a rooted Android with usb on-the-go you might even work something with this: https://github.com/kosborn/p2p-adb/

But the other keyboard - just see whether it works with the 0.2 version holding ctrl and tapping return or whatever it was. It worked for me.

Last edited:
ok sleek. I have a few days off.. Just been reading your antics over at stardot ;) What do I need to get logs for this thing? Let me get ADB installed..

ok I tried my wife`s BT keyboard. Yes CAPS and ctrl ( I think worked ) let and right and firing too.
Then it went all weird and was controlling the cycling of the keyboard, on-screen controls and the keys.

ok sleek. I have a few days off.. Just been reading your antics over at stardot ;) What do I need to get logs for this thing? Let me get ADB installed..

Download it from https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools.html and plug your device into your computer. It may show up as a drive or something.

On your device, go to settings, to About Phone, then tap repeatedly on Build Number until it tells you that you've enabled developer mode.

Unpack the Android tools, then at the computer's command-line, type: cd [followed by space then the full path of the folder where you unpacked the tools to, then hit the return or enter key]
Type: ls OR Type: dir
You will hopefully see platform-tools in the list
Type: cd platform-tools
Type: ./adb devices
You should see your service listed as 'unauthorised'. You will need to respond to a popup on your device asking for authorisation. Then it should show up as 'device'.

If you're on Linux, you may need to edit your /etc/udev to add the device number before it shows up - I can help if that's the case.

Once you're there, type: ./adb logcat -d
You should see a load of log messages.

Then get ready on your device to run the application, type: ./adb logcat -c
Start the app until it crashes, then type: ./adb logcat -d > log.txt

Load that file (it'll be in your unpacked Android tools, platform-tools) into a word processor or something to look for anything you don't want to publish (there shouldn't be anything, but it's worth checking) and then either find the bit mentioning littlefluffytoys having crashed and copy-paste it here with a dozen lines either side, or better create a GitHub gist of the whole original log file.

Let me know if any of that goes wrong.
Post automatically merged:

ok I tried my wife`s BT keyboard. Yes CAPS and ctrl ( I think worked ) let and right and firing too.
Then it went all weird and was controlling the cycling of the keyboard, on-screen controls and the keys.

I've wired Alt-2 to switch between on-screen keyboard, controller mode, and ASCII keyboard mode, but that shouldn't happen just pressing keys so far as I know. Could you post a YouTube video of weird, showing the screen and Bluetooth keyboard at the same time?

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: rSl
ok log file created.. I can`t upload the log as auth to upload. Here`s the log. Thanks SW

Attachments

• log.txt
    64.4 KB · Views: 206
Ok, so it's an OpenGL issue - that's not part of the code I've been in. Does the Google Play version run on your device?

If you don't have Google Play on it, download it to your phone, plug your phone into your computer, type: adb shell pm list packages -3 -f
Look for the Littlefluffytoys entry, it'll have a few fields in it separated by colons, but you need the part... I think it starts /data/ but will end in .apk So type: adb pull /data/...apk ./beebdroid.apk
Now unplug your phone and plug in your other device, and use the device to uninstall Beebdroid, then type: adb install beebdroid.apk

If the Play version works you'll have to pin your hopes on Kenton once he's back, because I only briefly coded with OpenGL on other projects, and without having something that behaves the same way (ie your device) and plenty of time, I'll be stumped.

If you cook up a video showing the keyboard weirdness, I might have a better chance to help there.

Yes the google play version runs on my phone and GPDXD+ I`ll try and get a video of that weirdness today for you.
Thanks again for trying to help

Yes the google play version runs on my phone and GPDXD+ I`ll try and get a video of that weirdness today for you.
Thanks again for trying to help
I've just noticed that the last commit on Littlefluffytoys was to change from opengl 1.x to 2.0, so that might be the source of the issue on the gpdxd.

Back