Want A Bite? I Feel Like Eating My Gp32 Up! :o)

WhiteFalcon

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
...with GP32Extreme as a mustard ;)

gp32x_pie.jpg

Hehe, yes, it really IS edible after all :)

Here goes the recipe (translated to english by me so...ahem):

Ingredients
-------------
300g of soft (smooth) flour
50-80g (depends on your taste, I choose 50g) of icing sugar (or maybe its called casting sugar)
50-80g (same as sugar) of butter
1 whole egg (without the shell ;))
3-4 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
1/2 of a pouch of baking powder (cca 1-2 teaspoons)
red current jam (it is best with that, but you can use any other jam or even poppy, overcooked apples etc.)

Process
---------
Mix all the ingredients together working smooth dough. Cut 2/3 of the dough off,
use a rolling-pin to roll out a flat doughnut of it and put it on a baking tin. Then spread the jam on the flat dough. Roll out the remaining 1/3 of the dought and cut it into slices which should then be placed on the dough to form the criss-cross pattern. Bake the pie at about 180 degrees centigrade until its "pink" (or better slightly brownish and crunchy :)). Use some more icing sugar on the top an voila, enjoy it!

Thanks to KillerGorilla for help with the translation.

Yummie! Good thing I have already eaten something, or I would go and start making me one of these :D

WhiteFalcon posted on Jul 17 2005 at 01:11 PM said:
...with GP32Extreme as a mustard ;)

as mad as a box of badgers

Last edited by a moderator:
WhiteFalcon posted on Jul 17 2005 at 11:39 AM said:

Ingredients
-------------
50-80g (depends on your taste, I choose 50g) of icing sugar (or maybe its called casting sugar)
3-4 tablespoons of milk
red current jam (it is best with that, but you can use any other jam or even poppy, overcooked apples etc.)

Process
---------
Mix all the ingredients together working smooth dough. Cut 2/3 of the dough off,
use a rolling-pin to roll out a flat doughnut of it and put it on a baking tin. Then spread the jam on the flat dough. Roll out the remaining 1/3 of the dought and cut it into slices which should then be placed on the dough to form the criss-cross pattern. Bake the pie at about 180 degrees centigrade until its "pink" (or better slightly brownish and crunchy :)). Use some more icing sugar on the top an voila, enjoy it!

"smooth" flour probably = sifted flour
"icing" sugar probably = confectioner's sugar
"vanilla sugar??" Uh... I'm guessing... vanilla extract, also known as "cook's vanilla flavor/ing"

Hmm, I'm tempted to make one of those now... unfortunately I don't have all the ingredients, and I don't have any damn money to buy them... I need a job

Magus 86 posted on Jul 17 2005 at 01:24 PM said:

Ingredients
-------------
3-4 tablespoons of milk

Process
---------

"vanilla sugar??" Uh... I'm guessing... vanilla extract, also known as "cook's vanilla flavor/ing"

Hmm, I'm tempted to make one of those now... unfortunately I don't have all the ingredients, and I don't have any damn money to buy them... I need a job

I have just baked this, it is delicious.

Smooth flour = sifted flour
icing sugar = confectioner's sugar

And now the tough one, I had to research it:

Vanilla sugar is actually a vanilla flavored sugar used in many German recipies, but very hard to find in the United States.

It is made by putting some granular sugar in an airtight jar with two vanilla beans buried about halfway through it (cut the vanilla beans in one-and-a-half inch chunks) and stuck in a cool, dark closet for about three weeks.

Or you could cheat, like I did, and just add two drops of vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon of sugar. I just made that up, but it worked well enough when I baked it.

I baked it for 23 minutes at 325 degrees fahrenheit (for the other U.S. people out there) and it came out just about perfect.

jmetal88 posted on Jul 18 2005 at 03:28 AM said:
Magus 86 posted on Jul 17 2005 at 01:24 PM said:

Ingredients
-------------
3-4 tablespoons of milk

Process
---------

I have just baked this, it is delicious.

Smooth flour = sifted flour
icing sugar = confectioner's sugar

And now the tough one, I had to research it:

Vanilla sugar is actually a vanilla flavored sugar used in many German recipies, but very hard to find in the United States.

It is made by putting some granular sugar in an airtight jar with two vanilla beans buried about halfway through it (cut the vanilla beans in one-and-a-half inch chunks) and stuck in a cool, dark closet for about three weeks.

Or you could cheat, like I did, and just add two drops of vanilla extract to 1 teaspoon of sugar. I just made that up, but it worked well enough when I baked it.

I baked it for 23 minutes at 325 degrees fahrenheit (for the other U.S. people out there) and it came out just about perfect.

Thats it about the vanilla sugar, I did not know it might be a problem to obtain it. It is not necessary to include it though, it can be omitted. About the flour and icing sugar, it was just my tip it would be called this wa :)

lol, it sounds like you need help from Magus the Chef! Unfortunately though, I can't "tell" you what to do to make it turn out good, but I can make good pie crust myself... I've never had a problem. You should ask my mom, maybe she can help you. :D

Back