Wallpapers for Pyra

I see, so would it be complicated or it would takes more resources to add a GIF instead of a picture?
It Would need to have a startup system capable of running an animated splash screen. I think it may exist, but not sure what it is or how to set it up or if it is something worth putting on the default OS image.

It Would need to have a startup system capable of running an animated splash screen. I think it may exist, but not sure what it is or how to set it up or if it is something worth putting on the default OS image.
So if it's doable, maybe it would be nice to have one instead of a picture. Thanks TrashyMG

The Pandora shows the logo when you switch it on and while booting...

A static logo and loading bar. Yes - that is fine. What we're talking about though are those 2+ second long animated whooshy logos moving about the screen while taking resources away from or even pausing the actual load process.

Please keep the boot process as simple and unencumbered as possible.

I was referring rather to an intro video/animation as suggested. I hate those. It's fun once, and it gets old very very fast.
Even more annoying are the ones where they play a little song at FULL volume while the logo splashes and flies about at FULL brightness during boot with no way to turn it or the sound down or off (most phones). Have you ever tried to discreetly turn your phone on or reboot it?

Please keep the boot process quiet with no animation beyond the load bar. I don't need to announce to the world that I'm turning on my pocket computer (or phone for that matter).

The original discussion here about nice desktop backgrounds somehow turned into one around on-start animations. Lets forget that part happened and go back to nice static desktop backgrounds please.

I actually modified the configuration of the Pandora to show the xfce mouse splash-screen at boot... it does not take noticeably more time to boot.

I actually modified the configuration of the Pandora to show the xfce mouse splash-screen at boot... it does not take noticeably more time to boot.
I changed mine too, but I forgot what it is. Is there one that is just a bar with nothing else?

A static logo and loading bar. Yes - that is fine.
What if the loading bar was flames rising around the logo? May be silly, but it would be fun. I would be less likely to change it to something minimalist if I like watching the default.

Flames can arise, but they don't tend to die down until the thing they're burning is destroyed, which I guess is something we don't really want to portray if it's the devices logo. Instead an animation would be more satisfying if they continued to lick at the object until the end. And as such, that's not suitable as a progress bar replacement, if you can't tell how near the end you are from within the animation.

It Would need to have a startup system capable of running an animated splash screen.
If it can load an image it can load a series of images.
I actually seem to recall my beagleboard having a simple boot animation.

If it can load an image it can load a series of images.
I actually seem to recall my beagleboard having a simple boot animation.
so what you are saying you would need to configure a system to run an animated splash screen...

Even more annoying are the ones where they play a little song at FULL volume while the logo splashes and flies about at FULL brightness during boot with no way to turn it or the sound down or off (most phones). Have you ever tried to discreetly turn your phone on or reboot it?

Please keep the boot process quiet with no animation beyond the load bar. I don't need to announce to the world that I'm turning on my pocket computer (or phone for that matter).

The original discussion here about nice desktop backgrounds somehow turned into one around on-start animations. Lets forget that part happened and go back to nice static desktop backgrounds please.

Whatever comes out of that ridiculous discussion, I hope it can be properly disabled by the user so that we don't have to suffer from it forever.

Back