Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

Thanks borgqueenx and mali! Here are some more pictures. (There are quite a lot of them, so here are the thumbnails. Click for full sized.)
okc0wi_th.jpg2drz7tj_th.jpg316x54l_th.jpg
2gugx2t_th.jpgidbtxc_th.jpgfk8d9f_th.jpg
aujdz5_th.jpg2gt45mp_th.jpg2el84me_th.jpg

Thanks for the comments all. Those were taken while on vacation in California and Yellowstone. I was really lucky (I live in Massachusetts) to be able to go there last summer. :)

Here are a bunch of photographs that I took on my honeymoon cruise to Jamaica with some Pandora logos added in.
Click on them for the full size images:

Hope you like them.

Enjoy!

Nice pics Raven, personally I wouldn't use them because of the afore mentioned logos. Reduce them to half size and they will be much less in your face. When I show people my Pandora I don't want them asking what or who is Raven.

Just my two penneth.

I thought about this a while back and came to the conclusion that the best place for a logo or copyright type statment would be the "dead space" on the screen - wasn't there a line of about 24 pixel height that is hidden by a toolbar by default? Make a logo/copyright small enough to fit in there - whether it's 24 lines or 50 or whatever - and that should do nicely, I'd have thought!

Monk said:
I thought about this a while back and came to the conclusion that the best place for a logo or copyright type statment would be the "dead space" on the screen - wasn't there a line of about 24 pixel height that is hidden by a toolbar by default? Make a logo/copyright small enough to fit in there - whether it's 24 lines or 50 or whatever - and that should do nicely, I'd have thought!

Yes, back at the start of this thread it was mentioned that the bottom 50 pixels would be covered by the panel, so I figured anything under that was safe. That logo came in at 35 pix high but it is probably a little bigger than necessary. I will probably try to shrink it down under 25 when I get a chance. But, either way, that logo should not be visible when viewed on a Pandora desktop, which was my intent.

I am more interested in opinions on the Pandora logos in the pics. I wanted the logos in there somewhere, but I was not sure how big to make them or whether I should try to work them into the pics, or just stick them quietly off in a corner. I decided to try to make them somewhat featured but didn't want to detract from the photos too much either. So, any advice on the Pandora logos would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
RavenX said:
I am more interested in opinions on the Pandora logos in the pics. I wanted the logos in there somewhere, but I was not sure how big to make them or whether I should try to work them into the pics, or just stick them quietly off in a corner. I decided to try to make them somewhat featured but didn't want to detract from the photos too much either. So, any advice on the Pandora logos would be appreciated.

This I can do - from my own perspective (which isn't always shared!).

Top left I like both logos - the upper one features nicely as almost the sourc eof the god-rays, and the lower watery one works very nicely indeed IMHO. Less obtrusive, more appealing/interesting.

Most of the others I'm not feeling - they either feel intrustive (such as bottom right) or just a bit "lost" floating in space (e.g. bottom left). I'd be tempted to put the logo more firmly in a corner, much as your own logo is, in those cases where it doesn't "feel" like a focal feature. IMHO. :)

Startet a ranking, but it doesn't work, they are all too good :)
Hmm.. I think I like the neon disco and hell on a platter the most(don't want a reduced Pandora wallpaper, though. I've downloaded the large version)
Edit:
Maybe the duel is even better than the neon disco, hard to decide.
Really good stuff, I wonder where this will go :)
Edit2:
Duel is my new official laptop wallpaper now, thanks :)

I'll be gone for a few days, so I can't finish this for a while, but here's one I knocked out today.

9B9M8.jpg

banjeed said:
I'll be gone for a few days, so I can't finish this for a while, but here's one I knocked out today.

9B9M8.jpg

Consider my jaw dropped.

Just in case, some archive footage :)
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/48984-pandora-alternative/

(naw)mcx said:
darien said:
banjeed said:

Consider my jaw dropped.
Holy shit.

You win the forum.

The whole fucking forum.
I've just started believing in god :blink:
Banjeed, you've got some mad skills brother :D

Uggh!! just noticed how imgur raped the compression on my upload. Unfortunately I'm stuck on a netbook and didn't add this particular project to a share on my amahi server (highly recommend to anyone with a computer of any sorts who is connected). When I have time to add the rabid dog, stencils, chav grinder I'll upload to my personal page and 'link to' so there're no boxxy browns. On a sorta side note, I noticed someone's started a repo of sorts of the wallpapers. Might I suggest that the host go through this post to make sure everyone's accounted for? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who didn't notice straight away and may have been left behind. great power...great responsibility yadda yadda. I love the idea of a central place for Pandora wallpapers. Let me know of I can help in any way.

Back