Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

53688304-da3a4205e7f6623507c2df1748daae88.4b3c0e84-scaled.png

Watcha think?
30uehxy.jpg

2hgfin8.jpg

Don't open this spoiler if you get epileptic seizures:
http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org/sites/default/files/images/psychadelicanemone.preview.png

Only good for the psychedelic crowd.

just a few more, I tend to like simple/restful desktops

pandora7.jpg

pandora9.jpg

pandora5.jpg

pandora4.jpg

hope somebody finds a use for them, I don't seem to get the time at this time of year, which is weird cos I seem to spend more time in front of the 'puter

hobbyman II said:
The pixels of the Pandora logo and of the text are kinda noticeable... I would recommend using the Pandora logo SVG file and vector text and use that for the emboss/drop shadow etc. The images are otherwise very acceptable wallpapers; they are very neutral so they don't distract you while you're doing stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christoph.Krn said:
I just updated the post with another wallpaper, called "steelrecord". (I have a 1920x1200 version of it, in case anyone is interested.)

Yes I Want! I love it!

What do you mean, what's "with" it?

It's just an image I made in the resolution of the pandora. No real story behind it.

dflemstr said:
hobbyman II said:
The pixels of the Pandora logo and of the text are kinda noticeable... I would recommend using the Pandora logo SVG file and vector text and use that for the emboss/drop shadow etc. The images are otherwise very acceptable wallpapers; they are very neutral so they don't distract you while you're doing stuff.

Aside from which, I quite like the first and third ones in particular :)

(naw)mcx said:
XPANSiVE said:
(naw)mcx said:
http://godlikemcx.de...rt.com/gallery/

Made more fractals, tell me if you want any Pandora versions.

Wicked flames and city of flames are both freaking amazing, a Pandora version of those would be sweet.

:D Thank you!

I'll get some ones whipped up for you!

Those burning Pandora logos looks nice as startup images. As for backgrounds I really like Hell on a platter and The other birth.

Nova said:
What do you mean, what's "with" it?

It's just an image I made in the resolution of the pandora. No real story behind it.

I didn't mean it like that, it's just that I don't... understand it.

@ dflemstr

the pixelation is something to do with the Gimps emboss function, the original Logo was drawn at the same resolution as the wallpaper, I just tried redrawing it since I have the files as .XCF but when you emboss it, it gets a blocky look too it, something to do with the emboss algorithm I guess, I had applied some anti-alias, but it doesn,t get rid of the "pixelation" completely, more practise with Gimp may help, maybe make a second layer, trace the embossed part of the logo at full res and then delete the original layer, I will look into it (same goes for the text, scalable font, but emboss spoils it, notice the text isn't anti-aliased)

@ Nova

I like the first one, is that a photo of some concrete or maybe a drawn or procedural texure?

Back