Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

banjeed said:
Uggh!! just noticed how imgur raped the compression on my upload. Unfortunately I'm stuck on a netbook and didn't add this particular project to a share on my amahi server (highly recommend to anyone with a computer of any sorts who is connected). When I have time to add the rabid dog, stencils, chav grinder I'll upload to my personal page and 'link to' so there're no boxxy browns. On a sorta side note, I noticed someone's started a repo of sorts of the wallpapers. Might I suggest that the host go through this post to make sure everyone's accounted for? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who didn't notice straight away and may have been left behind. great power...great responsibility yadda yadda. I love the idea of a central place for Pandora wallpapers. Let me know of I can help in any way.
I *could* go through the whole thread and upload all wallpapers to PandoraWalls, but I would consider it to be much better if each wallpaper author would upload his/her own wallpapers him/herself. If I do it, it will be my account (or the admin account) that owns the images and the authors can't e.g. add descriptions, update or remove the images. If they do it, they get the freedom to do whatever they wish.

The authors do probably also have access to high-resolution images, and if they upload those, PandoraWalls will not only generate Pandora-sized 800x480 images from them, but also PC-sized ones e.g. 1920x1080, 1680x1050 and 1024x768 (if the original image is high-res enough).

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
banjeed said:
Uggh!! just noticed how imgur raped the compression on my upload. Unfortunately I'm stuck on a netbook and didn't add this particular project to a share on my amahi server (highly recommend to anyone with a computer of any sorts who is connected). When I have time to add the rabid dog, stencils, chav grinder I'll upload to my personal page and 'link to' so there're no boxxy browns. On a sorta side note, I noticed someone's started a repo of sorts of the wallpapers. Might I suggest that the host go through this post to make sure everyone's accounted for? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who didn't notice straight away and may have been left behind. great power...great responsibility yadda yadda. I love the idea of a central place for Pandora wallpapers. Let me know of I can help in any way.
I *could* go through the whole thread and upload all wallpapers to PandoraWalls, but I would consider it to be much better if each wallpaper author would upload his/her own wallpapers him/herself. If I do it, it will be my account (or the admin account) that owns the images and the authors can't e.g. add descriptions, update or remove the images. If they do it, they get the freedom to do whatever they wish.

The authors do probably also have access to high-resolution images, and if they upload those, PandoraWalls will not only generate Pandora-sized 800x480 images from them, but also PC-sized ones e.g. 1920x1080, 1680x1050 and 1024x768 (if the original image is high-res enough).

That's pretty cool. how does the site deal with different ratios as it creates them? Does it do a scale/crop combo?

By the way, how does logging in with OpenID work? I enter my gmail address, google asks me if I want to log in to pandorawallpapers with google, I say 'yes, please', and pandorawallpapers tells me logging in fails for various reasons.

Vlynndar said:
By the way, how does logging in with OpenID work? I enter my gmail address, google asks me if I want to log in to pandorawallpapers with google, I say 'yes, please', and pandorawallpapers tells me logging in fails for various reasons.
I had the same problem when trying to log in with my Google address. I don't think googles set it up right to be honest.

If you have a Wordpress account try that instead. Never had any trouble when using my Wordpress OpenID. Either that or sign up for one on the OpenID site itself :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Vlynndar said:
I had the same problem when trying to log in with my Google address. I don't think googles set it up right to be honest.

If you have a Wordpress account try that instead. Never had any trouble when using my Wordpress OpenID. Either that or sign up for one on the OpenID site itself :)

Grah. I don't have wordpress. So I used one of OpenID's recommended sites, chi.mp.

"OpenID login failed."

Vlynndar said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
Vlynndar said:

Grah. I don't have wordpress. So I used one of OpenID's recommended sites, chi.mp.

"OpenID login failed."
Very strange??

The way it's supposed to work is that you sign into a site with your OpenID, the web site redirects you to your OpenID site, which asks you if you want to allow it or not. Once you answer yes it will send you back to the first web site and you will already be signed in.
You only need to accept it once for each web site.

Not too sure why your having trouble. Do you have to enable it on the web site you signed up for somehow before using it with other sites?

banjeed said:
That's pretty cool. how does the site deal with different ratios as it creates them? Does it do a scale/crop combo?
I do currently use the ImageMagick convert tool to scale the image using some kind of bicubic algorithm (don't remember the specific flag), followed by a crop.

Vlynndar said:
OpenID login works perfectly for me.
It might be related to the fact that I don't have a SSL certificate for the site, so OpenID providers that require SSL might not work (?)
However, I can log in using my GMail address, my MyOpenID address and so on, and they all work. Your move. ;)

EDIT: BTW, I'm updating Drupal and Apache atm so don't be surprised if the server goes down for a few secs.

I'll try MyOpenID after this.
How it went with chi.mp:

Registered with chi.mp (confirmation email and all). Entered chi.mp-generated openID on site. Was redirected to chi.mp to verify that the site wanted to log me in with chi.mp openid. Confirmed (with keep me logged in). Error message with site "openid login failed".

Third time lucky?

Vlynndar said:
I'll try MyOpenID after this.
How it went with chi.mp:

Registered with chi.mp (confirmation email and all). Entered chi.mp-generated openID on site. Was redirected to chi.mp to verify that the site wanted to log me in with chi.mp openid. Confirmed (with keep me logged in). Error message with site "openid login failed".

Third time lucky?

You know that there's a normal login mechanism on the site too, right?

I am aware. But having an OpenID seems handy to me :p
Well, it worked. Curiously, when myopenid worked I tried to see if the others I tried maybe worked after all.
They did, signed up through google now.
Thanks.

my efforts (I am still learning Gimp, go easy on me :rolleyes: )

pandora1.jpg

pandora2.jpg

pandora3.jpg

I hope I'm doing this right :blink:

@Hobbyman II:
I like the effect lava, good implementation!
ml1j0k.jpg

2ikcyrq.jpg

21ovjvc.jpg

34gkhuc.jpg

124hjjc.jpg

I'm baaaaack!

hobbyman II said:
my efforts (I am still learning Gimp, go easy on me :rolleyes: )

I hope I'm doing this right :blink:

Right-click save on the last one. Nice work.

I also created some more over the last days. What do you think?

These images don't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course). Feel free to use them for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

aura:
file.php?id=579.jpg

file.php?id=580.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

noencounter:
file.php?id=581.jpg

file.php?id=582.jpg

And if there's a "noencounter", of course there has to be a
yesencounter:
file.php?id=583.jpg

file.php?id=584.jpg

steelrecord:
file.php?id=588.jpg

file.php?id=647.jpg

See also:
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 5 (disco2010, beauty-get-02)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 4 (interdimensional)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 3 (happynewyear)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 2 (aura, noencounter, yesencounter, steelrecord) (This post)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 1 (details-02, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-02, must-be-retro, beauty-get, gap-cold, gap-warm)

Thank you.

Any feedback (both good AND bad) helps me in further work, so feel free to criticize.

I just updated the post with another wallpaper, called "steelrecord". (I have a 1920x1200 version of it, in case anyone is interested.)

Christoph.Krn said:
Thank you.

Any feedback (both good AND bad) helps me in further work, so feel free to criticize.

I just updated the post with another wallpaper, called "steelrecord". (I have a 1920x1200 version of it, in case anyone is interested.)
Upload the high-res version to pandorawalls.dyndns.org; it will be automatically resized to many different sizes (and your image will be in a central location where everyone can find it).

@ christoph: 1st and third ones look nice IMO, I plan on doing some more myself, but will wait until things quite down a bit and relatives have gone home :rolleyes:

edited cos post sounded like I was praising my own work...I'm not that vain ;)

Back