Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

Collin said:
I was forced to crash-course paths in GIMP for this. :p

Fix'd:

pandorafixd.png

Continue to constructively criticize. :)

I like the idea of the design. Overall, the sharp lights and high contrast kind of kills my eyes. I'm a maya guy and I'm guessing this is blender so unfortunately I can't give any pointers.

Last edited by a moderator:
banjeed said:
Collin said:
I was forced to crash-course paths in GIMP for this. :p

Fix'd:

pandorafixd.png

Continue to constructively criticize. :)

I like the idea of the design. Overall, the sharp lights and high contrast kind of kills my eyes. I'm a maya guy and I'm guessing this is blender so unfortunately I can't give any pointers.
Pointer: Don't use Blenders built-in renderer if you want more dull lights; use Yafaray or LuxRender. You get more fine-grained control over the specularity of materials that way, too.

Thread revivification!!1!one!1!!
Something along those lines, great work everybody!

dflemstr said:
banjeed said:
Pointer: Don't use Blenders built-in renderer if you want more dull lights; use Yafaray or LuxRender. You get more fine-grained control over the specularity of materials that way, too.

I was actually thinking how bright the lights were might be a problem. And I had tried to use Yafaray before but I couldn't get it to work. I guess this is a prime reason to actually get it to work then, yeah? When I get back to my own computer I'll see if I can address this. :)

Edit:

So Yafaray isn't exactly the most user-friendly bit of software I've ever used. In light of this, I found some Blender-native ways to fix the light thing. Although the new result is a bit darker than the other one overall, so I might set a low-power spotlight to shine on the front of the stack, just to make the whole thing slightly brighter. Fix'd V2.0
pandorafixd2.png

... And I also just learned I never saved my changes to get that new render. Curses, flabbergasting lack of a prompt-quit feature in Blender! Whatever. Here's another non-specular, with a spotlight, but without the other changes:
pandorafixdgrah.png

I made another one, called "happynewyear" (well, it's one month late, but at least it's not TWO MONTHS™ late (SCNR)).

This image doesn't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course). Feel free to use it for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

happynewyear:
file.php?id=640.jpg

Full image is behind the
file.php?id=648.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------
See also:
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 5 (disco2010, beauty-get-02)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 4 (interdimensional)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 3 (happynewyear) (This post)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 2 (aura, noencounter, yesencounter, steelrecord)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 1 (details-02, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-02, must-be-retro, beauty-get, gap-cold, gap-warm)

@Amigo Bandito Crujiente:
That's kind of disturbing for me since I keep fish... cute though.

This image doesn't contain any "copyright-dangerous" material (except for the Pandora logo, of course). Feel free to use it for anything that you have the permission to use the Pandora logo in (like Pandora wallpapers, Pandora skins). Mentioning me isn't necessary but would be nice, thank you.

Please share your thoughts!

interdimensional:
file.php?id=646.jpg

Full image is behind the
file.php?id=649.jpg

See also:
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 5 (disco2010, beauty-get-02)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 4 (interdimensional) (This post)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 3 (happynewyear)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 2 (aura, noencounter, yesencounter, steelrecord)
Christoph.Krn's wallpapers part 1 (details-02, abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz-02, must-be-retro, beauty-get, gap-cold, gap-warm)

Prometheus said:
Ok, here's my contribution. Lately I've been buying up a bunch of old home computer games that I'd previously missed out on (my first ever C16/+4 and Spectrum games should get here today, in fact :D ), which is what inspired these. They're all variations on one image, since I couldn't decide which I felt looked the best out of the three.

The colours come from the Pandora logo (the lighter blue is just a lighter shade of the logo's blue), and the font used is Silkscreen.

Regarding usage, this note is from Silkscreen's readme;

This font is free for personal and corporate use and may be redistributed in
this unmodified form on your Web site. I would ask that you not modify and
then redistribute this font...although you may modify it for your own
personal use. If you really like this font and use it often, feel free to
mail me (e- or snail mail) some small token of your appreciation. A URL
of your work using Silkscreen would be appreciated as well.

And this one is from Silkscreen's website;

How much does Silkscreen cost?
The Silkscreen type family is absolutely free for personal or corporate use. You can use it for any project you want (Web, print, or otherwise) without owing anyone a single penny.

Cool idea for that one...make that background an actual shell, too!

Edit: removed Images. Sorry!

Interdimensional! I like how it looks like somebody is staring me down... Somebody... EVIL!

Here's mine. I used an example photo for some walling for the back. I hope that isn't a bad thing! I made mine steampunk themed, with the unofficial logo on the wiki embossed in. I am not an experienced person with programs like photoshop, so it doesn't look very proffesional, and has very rough edges. Feel free to fix it, but show me the result!

21552_1151963934245_1682051871_312735_3706459_n.jpg

I personally like the result. I used sumo something or other, an online photoshop.

^^
I like it!
But, why are the dimensions 603px × 362px?

trix said:
^^
I like it!
But, why are the dimensions 603px × 362px?

Facebook must've screwed it up. I'll post a full size one on mediafire if you want!

Back