Waiting Like A Good Little Boy, But Still Depressed

Do you feel it was/is worth the wait?

• Total voters

vaiovann

Still Fresh
I pre-ordered like so many others around these parts. It hasn't been easy either, just like many others. I hope and think upon the day that I will receive MY email. Also fighting the urge to complain unnecessarily is quite hard given the amount of unreleased enthusiasm and angst, pent up inside for multiple years. I try so hard to get in line with starting a new with EvilDragon, but... he has held the real deal. He has seen the reality and knows it's flaws and majesty. I have kept the hope buried inside that someday, soon, that I will be able to show the Pandora to the world (and stop being laughed at). I suppose this will happen.

First it was Christmas, some years back, then other holidays and important dates. Now it's PAX (Penny Arcade Expo), that will hopefully be the venue for the Pandora and I. This is approaching impossible however, and still I wait. My enthusiasm has waned, this is true, but not enough to grudgingly throw in the towel and get my money back. I've bought in to the dream, drunken the Kool-Aid, put skin in the game... for what.

Maybe I will get the email soon, maybe.

Yes it will happen, and yes it is absolutely worth the wait. It's hard to put that into words that make the wait any easier though. I do understand where you're at.

Craig has repeatedly said that they're still on target to complete the first batch by (the end of?) October, so try to put your patience on pause until at least then before you re-evaluate things. Maybe avoid all news sources, delete all related bookmarks and avoid the whole thing for a bit. It does help!

I completely feel your pain! The wait is often times unbearable. Just hang in there, and hopefully the team will ramp up production in due time.

I've had my unit 2 months, and I can say without a doubt, it was well worth the wait. Everytime I pick it up, I still feel like it's the first day all over again. I really can't wait for more units to be delivered, so many more great minds can contribute to this project. Right now there is some growing pains, and some production problems, but I'm sure all the units shipping out over the next few months will all be top quality.

So the waiting can only help improve your experiance in time. Good Luck!

Chris

I hope it's worth the wait, but with the GP2X wrapper that allows you to play cave story with a d-pad it is already worth the wait. I'll hang in there till the bitter end if I need to, no reason to get a refund this far into it.

second exodous said:
I hope it's worth the wait, but with the GP2X wrapper that allows you to play cave story with a d-pad it is already worth the wait. I'll hang in there till the bitter end if I need to, no reason to get a refund this far into it.

It was really good on the PSP, but... screen blur. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Look on the bright side. You might end up reviving the grunge genre singlehandedly.

As long as my second batch order arrives before I ship off to Afghan, I will not be depressed.

Otherwise... :eek:

I voted "What?" as I forgot the whole reason why I ordered the Pandora , but I think it will be a fun machine.

@Abanest: Good luck in Afghan, Im so happy I dont have to pay taxes for that stupid war anymore as we left afghan last week.

Gruso said:
Craig has repeatedly said that they're still on target to complete the first batch by (the end of?) October, so try to put your patience on pause until at least then before you re-evaluate things.

lolwhut?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in for the long haul but it isn't getting any easier.

Given there were going to be 200 going out a couple of weeks ago and 100 last week but didn't hear of anyone receiving them.... Not sure why oct should be considered a date any more likely to be hit than any of the others.

I'd still recommend waiting - just ignore all dates or be prepared to loose your sanity.

Back