Volume

Cas

Hi

Played around with different the weekend and I have noticed that the overall speaker volume

does not seem very loud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Played around with different the weekend and I have noticed that the overall speaker volume

does not seem very loud.

if it is barely hearable there is something wrong, if it is just not as loud as an iphone its probably nothing, just attach speakers to it if you find it to silent.

(also look if you have software volume up, settings->ALSA mixer) (I had a unit with an unresponsive volume wheel once if it doesnt respond to the volume wheel it is definetely borked)

The overall volume on all of my units has been quite loud, especially on my current (and hopefully last!) one. I did notice on the new one that that software volume was set a bit low after I started it up for the first time, which hadn't been the case on the others.

Follow bosbeetle's advice - hopefully that should see you right.

Hi

does not seem very loud.

if it is barely hearable there is something wrong, if it is just not as loud as an iphone its probably nothing, just attach speakers to it if you find it to silent.

(also look if you have software volume up, settings->ALSA mixer) (I had a unit with an unresponsive volume wheel once if it doesnt respond to the volume wheel it is definetely borked)

Hi

I am using Rockbox and yes I have made sure that the volumes etc are all set ok within the app.

Sounds OK over Headphones, it maybe because I am used to listing to loud rock, metal, blues etc :)

Could also just be the nature of the few tracks that I have played, because they can vary also.

Has the Pandora itself got a software volume setting ?

Hi

does not seem very loud.

Hi

I am using Rockbox and yes I have made sure that the volumes etc are all set ok within the app.

Sounds OK over Headphones, it maybe because I am used to listing to loud rock, metal, blues etc :)

Could also just be the nature of the few tracks that I have played, because they can vary also.

Yes the volume setting on the pandora is in settings->ALSA mixer. In rockbox you must also set the volume to -0db if you want it loud (something I had a problem with first :p )

Hi

does not seem very loud.

Hi

Yes the volume setting on the pandora is in settings->ALSA mixer. In rockbox you must also set the volume to -0db if you want it loud (something I had a problem with first :p )

Hi

Settings > ALSA mixer, hmmmm cannot seem to find it, doing something wrong, looking in the wrong place maybe ?

Hi

Thanks all found it, it was up full.

The volume is down to what files are being played.

Back