Two questions, mice support and Audio volume.

NESnero

'Ello, I had two questions.

My first one directs towards the audio of the Pandora, more specifically to the Pandoras volume. ITS REALLY LOUD, I mean REEEEEAALLY loud. Its basically impossible to watch a video with earplugs in because anything explodes my ears, even with the volume whell all the way down, and VLC's volume bar all the way down, this also applies to games. Is there a way to alter the audio settings besides the little wheel on the front? Also there doesnt seem to be a way to mute it, I have to stick in an audio jack with the headphones cut off, isnt there a software volume slider of some sorts?

Also mice support, none of the mice in my house seem to work on the pandora, power just isnt getting through to them, I read on the wiki it has to be a high speed 2.0 mouse. And I tried four different kinds of all different brands. Im not sure whether all my mice are conviniently wrong, or theres something wrong with power getting to the USB port.

Thanks in advance!

Any mice I've used, I've always had to use a USB 2.0 hub to get working, as there's no legacy supprt directly on the Pandora for slower devices than that. I think you can plug a mouse directly into the OTG port if you have the correct adapter.

Hope that helps somewhat... ;)

It's strange (about the volume), in hotfix 6 the mixer applet used to be right at the panel. Did you look in the system/settings menu? I think the mixer must be there. You can also add the mixer applet to the panel yourself (right-click - add to panel - don't remember the name, but it's there)

As Stouffa says; definitely get a little usb 2 hub, any usb mice should work fine through that, also you'll be able to connect several devices at once (although you may want to use a powered hub as you'll be draining the pandora's battery pretty fast). I've not had a problem with the volume though, although I have noticed that headphones designed for mobile phones do not work correctly in the Pandora.

It's strange (about the volume), in hotfix 6 the mixer applet used to be right at the panel. Did you look in the system/settings menu? I think the mixer must be there. You can also add the mixer applet to the panel yourself (right-click - add to panel - don't remember the name, but it's there)

Yeah i found the mixer app, but even when both bars are pulled RIGHT down to the bottom the sound is still unbearable with earplugs.

Back