Volume Wheel Does Not 'work'

^ According to this, ground and microphone contact are switched compared to the Pandora's pinout:
http://pinouts.ru/PortableDevices/iphone_headphone_pinout.shtml

I found the same with my Iphone headphones (3gs with mic) and confirm what MDave said, I tried 6 different standard 2 pin headphones and my Gaming chair, all worked fine.

Hmm, maybe it pulls the microphone contact to ground. Without having actual hardware, I can't say much more. It should be possible to find an adaptor for those iPhone headphones, I think. The problem isn't related to a malfunctioning Pandora, at least.

yeah I thought my jack was broke at first as was on the train first time I tried the jack, Didn't work out great, Lucky for me it was just the funky pinout of my 3gs headset

/copydir said:
I just want to state the obvious...
you are aware it is a wheel? it moves from side to side over 5 time to fully turn it up or down.
You say it "hardly does anything" so it does something maby you just need to turn it a few more times :p

Yes I couldnt push further, I put quite a bit of force on it. And I know how a volume wheel works :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
/copydir said:
you are aware it is a wheel? it moves from side to side over 5 time to fully turn it up or down.
You say it "hardly does anything" so it does something maby you just need to turn it a few more times :p

Yes I couldn't push further, I put quite a bit of force on it. And I know how a volume wheel works :p
Sorry lol
It is an analogue attenuator. so the headphone amp and speaker output are passing through it.
So it is "working" It sounds like the resistor pad in it is shot.

/copydir said:
Bosbeetle said:
/copydir said:

Yes I couldn't push further, I put quite a bit of force on it. And I know how a volume wheel works :p
Sorry lol
It is an analogue attenuator. so the headphone amp and speaker output are passing through it.

i wonder what was the volume comming out of it max definetly not the minimum because then I would be hearing nothing, or something inbetween. Next not being able to modulate it with the wheel it was also very crackling at maximum mixer settings.

/copydir said:

Actually, from my recollection of the data sheet that someone linked to last year, this is a high quality amp with an analogue? attenuator built in - the control is a single pin to adjust the gain of both channels (which means the signal does not pass through the external wheel, improves L/R balance, and reduces crackling whilst adjusting the fader). Broken probably means the input pin is at supply rail rather than in the correct range.

tsh said:
/copydir said:

Actually, from my recollection of the data sheet that someone linked to last year, this is a high quality amp with an analogue? attenuator built in - the control is a single pin to adjust the gain of both channels (which means the signal does not pass through the external wheel, improves L/R balance, and reduces crackling whilst adjusting the fader). Broken probably means the input pin is at supply rail rather than in the correct range.

I am just wondering now if they will try to repair it or put in a new board or send a new pandora all together. I was really satisfied with the exterior so a new board would be the best option for me :)

Stupid thing is I sent it with tracking, got the tracking number, but the TNT site says they cant track internationally :( i hope itll be in england soonish (I sent it last saturday)

I think Craig (or ED?) said that returns are going on to a pile for investigation as a background task. There should be a stack of new units for immediate dispatch for replacements. With luck, the new one ought to be at least as well built as the old one.

Back