Virus Warning For People Passing Around A Certain

bast525 posted on Mar 23 2005 at 04:10 AM said:
*sigh* well this f'ing sucks...

well guys sorry for the false alarm. Well really NOT sorry, I mean, I'm glad that no one got any viruses from this, but sorry for creating a fuss over it... I saw virus warning and just thought it'd be stupid of me NOT to say something to somebody.

well guess I'm stuck not being able to play these games on my GP... what are my alternatives just get a different email account? Yahoo then?

I'll give you a Gmail invite, just email me at bingo.jesus@gmail.com and I'll wing one your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 23 2005 at 04:12 AM said:
e-mail me if you feel like talking about ... well, the weather in Bora Bora for example...

Can anybody email you to talk about the weather?

bast525 posted on Mar 23 2005 at 02:12 AM said:
and for whoever put the viruses in there you are a friggin A-hole.
Er, you do understand how viruses work don't you? You don't put them in files, they infect files without you knowing about it. You catch a cold by being in the same area as other people with a cold, not by some friggin a-hole walking past and injecting you with it.

Well its good you said something but thinking that someone purposely somehow put a virus on the zip files is very weird though !

I've uploaded a fair few files for people, everything seemed fine on my machine and i had no errors. Like other people have said i dont think you can get viruses with .zip files unless they were packaged as an executable.

I'm sure we all have virus checkers and ad-aware installed on our machines anyway so surely 'if' there was one you should be safe.

Not sure if i sent you the links Bast but the ones i sent you didnt need email or that you just slowly downloaded them

However in this day and age not having a virus checker is shocking.

I 100% never uploaded any virus files knowingly though at all

yeah my Roadrunner account came with an email but I dunno I've always felt safer using Hotmail... I've not once contracted a virus from emails using hotmail so it is safe to me, and just easier to use in conjection with MSN messenger and whatever. I dunno I had the hotmail account before I signed up with this ISP as well so it was just easier for me to keep the current adress and such.

And like I said, I am not accusing anyone specific, or even hinting that I"m accusing anyone. If there were a virus in there, SOMEONE would have had to put it there, and whoever that someone would have been, THEY would have been a dickhead! But knowing what I know now, about Hotmail and how it handles zip files that contain zip files, thinking there is a virus, obviously I know that there really was no virus there, and thus, no dickhead :) I wasn't trying to insinuate that any of us GP32x members were even responsible for sticking the virus in there when I thought there was a virus... it could have come from anywhere. Some of you getting all bent about me calling an anonymous (and now proven nonexistant) someone a dickhead, like I was pointing fingers at someone specific and insulting them.

Well I dunno why you guys are getting all upset, the fact still remains, if there HAD been a virus (yes I know so there couldn't have been just because of the way viruses work and no I didn't know they could only come in on an .exe so screw me I'm a f'ing noob) than I still would have been calling whoever put it there a dickhead!

woogal posted on Mar 23 2005 at 10:32 AM said:
You catch a cold by being in the same area as other people with a cold, not by some friggin a-hole walking past and injecting you with it.

lol! XD;

BobBorakovitz posted on Mar 23 2005 at 05:55 PM said:
Hotmail sucks for attachments, they've thought too many of my clean files have had virii

Use Yahoo or GMail

-BobBorakovitz
If anyone wants a gmail account PM me.

Back