Help Me With A Virus

A

Aaaaaaaa

can someone here download the trail version of the latest antivirus, and email it to

xxxxx@xxxxx.xxxx please?

i have a virus which is only recognised my norton, but the virus itself prevents me from going on any security related websitee

ill love u forever if u do this for me

cheers :D

can someone here download the trail version of the latest antivirus, and email it to

xxxxx@xxxxx.xxxx please?

i have a virus which is only recognised my norton, but the virus itself prevents me from going on any security related websitee

ill love u forever if u do this for me

cheers :D
Hold on I'm just downloading it
Edit: Damn it won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
its only 26 mb

and u can get it from

www.symantec.com

please, please someone dop this, its the noyl way i can fix my computer!

The virus is probably not actually blocking anything. Check your hosts file, it's probably filled up with security websites pointing to 127.0.0.1. This happened to me once. If you clear out the hosts file you should be able to get to the security websites.

Edit: If you need the full path to the file, on Windows XP it's C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts. You'll want to open it with Notepad. You should only see one entry:
127.0.0.1 localhost
Anything but that you can safely delete.

Click 'Start' then 'Run", type in the little box 'cmd' (don't type the quotes), and click OK

A DOS window will open up. When you see the cursor, type 'ping www.symantec.com' and press the enter key.

You will see this "Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: " etc, four times.

The xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx will be a number (four numbers separated by periods, write them down.

Open your browser and in the address bar, type in that number (IP address) instead of 'www.symantec.com'.

Nine times out of ten that will get you to the required web page.

If that doesn't work, try going to www.majorgeeks.com and downloading from there.
Has AVG, Stinger, Spyware tools, MS malicious Software Tool etc.

Hope that helps :(

Back