Vektar Boxed Version

I just went to gp2x.co.uk to look at pre-ordering the game. However the international postage is rather high. Surely it can't be £9 for postage?

I was going to order this game, but that postage rate puts the total way too high (after factoring in conversion rates to AUD$).

If that's what you're really going to charge for postage then I may have to look for somewhere else where I can get it with cheaper postage or forego the game altogether (and play the free version).

bacteria posted on May 2 2006 at 02:00 AM said:
Vektar is a great game at without doubt. Question is what "extras" have been built in to the game to warrant buying it (when it was a free download, and already excellent)?
I don't really have any more information than anybody else about Craig's enhancements, but we can guess from the feature set on gp2x.co.uk:

30 levels that I assume have a distinct "character" to them (the free game has 11).
"Boss" levels, which the free game doesn't have.
More music (perhaps "better", but as the Payback demo shows, music is a matter of taste)
Auto save
"Power-ups". The free version has a shield but that's the only "power up". There's a couple more buttons just crying out to be used :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm, still steeper than I like. I want to support the GP2X and its developers, but I don't really care about the supporting the various shipping services.

Once you have multiple games for retail, any chance of a value pack (Vektar+Payback+TBA) or at least combined shipping?

Better yet, make it downloadable. It can have the nastiest DRM known to mankind on it locking it to the SD card and My GP2X only, and requiring my thumbprint to play; I just want to save a few bucks where I can...

Hey craig, do you think we could ever see a multipack of games that would help lower the price?

Also a download version would be nice, but I understand DRM is hard.

£20 seems a bit steep for Vektar, but that's probably because:
A: I've lived on £5 budget games for years.
B: It used to be free (I'm not sure it's a good marketing move to release a game that used to be free as a paybie).
C: I always think that portable games are expensive because usually the same game on PC would be a £5 budget game.

However I would certainly pay £20 for Payback!

Out of interest how much of the £20 goes to Dzz? Or is that a trade secret? :p

i think dizz said in his thread he got paid for vektar or something "enough to contniue the coding competition"

Back