Using Ps2 As A Dvdrom Drive For The Computer

bourbon

Website
Visit site
Is there a program that alowas u to do this by linking it up to the computer threw the usb port? It would be nice because i dont have a dvd drive in my comp so i cant read dvd files and such.

bourbon

If you can spend enough money on a cable to connect the PS2 to the computer then buy a cheap DVD drive for the PC, wouldnt cost more then £20

Well, if you have a laptop, or some other explanation stoping you from doing what yaustar suggested, then what you can do is just buy what should be called a vga box, or cable, from your local video game store. Also, this does not allow you to be on your computer, and watch dvd's on your ps2 at the same time, so think about that before getting one, you will only be using one at a time as each is occupying the monitor.

I just thought that some one might have made a program that u could use the usb port on the ps2 to connect it to ur computer but i guess not. i just thought id ask because it would be cheap and all id need to do is take a usb cable and atach my ps2 to the comp and then be able to encode some dvds and use games that are in dvd format.

thanks any ways :)

bourbon

The last console system I know of that included PC connectivity was the Duo. You could buy an optional (and expensive) SCSI cable/terminator that would allow you to connect the Duo's blazing double speed CD ROM to a PC with an internal SCSI bus.

The problem was, that the cable cost as much or more than most internal drives at the time, and some external parallel drives were coming on the market, preventing the need for an expensive SCSI card as well.

There is no cable I know of that can interface with the PS2 and the PC. I wouldn't expect there to be one, as Sony would cite piracy concerns.

Back