Pandora As A Virtual Usb-Cd/dvd-Drive

Lafazar

Would it be possible for Pandora to act as a virtual CD/DVD drive over its USB host?

On Pandora I would simply mount a CD/DVD image and Pandora acts as a virtual USB CD/DVD-drive when I plug it into another computer.

This would make Pandora a great tool for installing operating systems, doing virus checks, doing data forensics and rescue etc. without having to burn a boot CD/DVD every single time.

Most of us use a flash thumb drive for that :)

I could see it being done with a Pandora though, but its just so easy to stick in a usb driver and boot from that.

jeff

skeezix said:
Most of us use a flash thumb drive for that :)

I could see it being done with a Pandora though, but its just so easy to stick in a usb driver and boot from that.

jeff
True, but there are lots of computers that cannot boot from thumb drive but can from an external CD/DVD drive. And booting a Windows installation disk from a thumbdrive is a massive chore (I realize that this is a limitation of Windows and not the boot process itself, but still).

I just found another thread about this, sorry for not searching thoroughly before:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49996-pandora-act-as-a-virtual-drive-over-usb/

All this virtual drive would have to do is be able to simulate a drive with "El Torito":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Torito_%28CD-ROM_standard%29

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora as a SD card Reader.

XD

away from the joke, i would like to have the panda accesible as a drive, just for the simplicity to manage files.

DroneB Dev said:
Pandora as a SD card Reader.

XD

away from the joke, i would like to have the panda accesible as a drive, just for the simplicity to manage files.

This is what I have as a micro-sd reader, so tiny, so shiny!

65b.jpg

Attachments

• 65b.jpg
    65b.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
Back