Usb Problems

Wonslung

Still Fresh
I still cannot get USB to function. I have firmware 2.1.1. When i plug it in the computer doesn't even see it. Before i upgraded to 2.1.1 it was able to see that a usb device was plugged in but it didn't regonize it but now it just....doesn't work at all. If i didn't have a card reader on my laptop i'd be completely out of luck. I've been to wiki and done plenty of searches but nothing i've tried works.. also, could someone please explain the Usbmonitor method...maybe i'm missing something..
I use windows xp on my main computer
Thanks in advance..

Ps anyone have any idea why the Kingmax 2GB sd card i ordered from playasia won't format and only shows up as 980mb when i put it in the card reader? the computer almost locks up when i put it in and tries to autoplay but won't do anything past that point
<_< :angry: ;)

Are you sure the firmware patched correctly? I had this problem when I upgrade to 2.1.1 and it was because the patch hadn't worked. The green startup screen and the info screen in setup should both say 2.1.1. if they don't the patch didn't work. Make sure when upgrading the firmware you hold down 'start' and 'select' whilst switching on the GP2x. Hope this helps.

Wonslung posted on Dec 3 2006 at 09:18 AM said:
Ps anyone have any idea why the Kingmax 2GB sd card i ordered from playasia won't format and only shows up as 980mb when i put it in the card reader? the computer almost locks up when i put it in and tries to autoplay but won't do anything past that point
<_< :angry: ;)

Read updated signature please.

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage posted on Dec 3 2006 at 09:26 AM said:
Are you sure the firmware patched correctly? I had this problem when I upgrade to 2.1.1 and it was because the patch hadn't worked. The green startup screen and the info screen in setup should both say 2.1.1. if they don't the patch didn't work. Make sure when upgrading the firmware you hold down 'start' and 'select' whilst switching on the GP2x. Hope this helps.

ok, i just noticed that it was still showing 2.0 at start up...strange because under settings/info it was saying 2.1.1 and i was almost positive i noticed new features in settings/system but i'll reflash it and see if it makes a differents, heres crossing my fingers

ok.....2.1.1 is now in correctly and i've made progress...windows now see's the usb but can't tell what it is, i keep getting a "usb not recognized" error

Wonslung posted on Dec 5 2006 at 08:04 AM said:
ok.....2.1.1 is now in correctly and i've made progress...windows now see's the usb but can't tell what it is, i keep getting a "usb not recognized" error

Have you you tried a different USB cable as some people have had problems with the included cable.

Please make sure you use battery power when connecting via the usb as many power supplys are not providing the correctly regulated voltage to provide the usb with the power it needs.

Back