Fix The Firmware

a Mammoth

Still Fresh
Ok, I upgraded from 2.0.0 to 2.1.1, because I heard that all firmware is cumulative.

And the GP2X works fine, mostly.

But now I have found out that you should upgrade to 2.1.0 before upgrading to 2.1.1, that is correct right?

And now I am having USB connection troubles, when I plug my GP2X into my computer, which is running XP home, it pops up with a message saying that the hardware has malfunctioned and that windows cannot recognize it. It will keep popping up with this every 10 or so seconds until I stop USB. I don't know if this happened before, because that is the first time I've plugged it in (I have a card reader, its just extremely inconvenient for me to use).

So if the weird firmware upgrade is causing the USB not to function, someone please tell me what to do to in order to restore the USB functionality.

Its not too late to install 2.1.0. Put the 2.1.0 update files on your SD card using a card reader. Once that is installed you can try to update to 2.1.1 again.

So I don't have to go back to 2.0.0 then goto 2.1 then 2.1.1? Doesn't the firmware upgrade patch the kernel and not install a new one completely so I would have a wierdly patched kernel, wouldn't I? Sorry if that sounds extremely stupid.

I went from 2.1 to 2.11 and my USB stopped working, when I plug in it does not do anything anymore. Not that big of a deal since I have a card reader. Anyone else have this prob?

MrHillBilly posted on Dec 30 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
I went from 2.1 to 2.11 and my USB stopped working, when I plug in it does not do anything anymore. Not that big of a deal since I have a card reader. Anyone else have this prob?
Are you sure you updated both the kernel and interface?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back