USB OTG port in SZ 1.52

hmc

Hi guys,

today I tried to connect various USB devices to the OTG port, that I know worked some time ago, using an appropriate adapter.

I remember that in order to make that work, I had to enable "USB network" support in the startup settings.

Now I cannot make only one of those USB devices work on the OTG port, and I wonder why.

I know I did not try it since upgrading to SZ 1.52, so maybe in SZ 1.52 this functionality is broken?

Or did something change with the settings necessary to make it work?

I tried:

- several different keyboards and mice

- a USB flash drive

Thanks!

See in your Startup Options:

USB-NETWORKING must be enabled to got it work ^_^

EDIT: OOOps to fast writing,you enabled it?

Hmm then i recommend a reflash too :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't reflash. This is a quite heavily customized SD-based install. :)

Do you successfully use USB OTG on SZ 1.52?

I use it in the SZ1.52 for network-access over a standard USB-cable (not an adapter to RJ45), plugged into my GentooPC and sharing the internet. But I didn't try plugging in any USB-device.

You probably know this, but since SZ1.52 for the normal (larger) USB-port you have to enable the "USB-host" to attach USB-devices (you can do it via the applet in the taskbar or by selecting "Toggle USB Host" in Start->System). I don't know if this is the same for the OTG-port. Except for USB-networking, where I know that you DON'T need it to be enabled.

[..] selecting "Toggle USB Host" in Start->System). I don't know if this is the same for the OTG-port. Except for USB-networking, where I know that you DON'T need it to be enabled.
Uh. That may be true for the main USB port - but as others said, I had to explicitly enable USB networking in addition to activating the USB host to be able to attach devices to the OTG port.

Also I have the impression that switching between charging via OTG and OTG-as-host doesn't really work. At least it wasn't possible to charge my Pandora via OTG after I had used an USB-RS232 adapter on that port (reboot required).

For me the OTG port just works for my wireless keyboard/mouse on SZ1.52 with the Hama 00074214 Adapter.

I enabled in the startup settings:

- Enabe USB Host on bootup

- Start USB Network on bootup

(i'm running SZ1.52 from SD)

Thanks.

Retested, and now it works here too %-)

I don't know what was wrong with the first test.

I have 4 different adapters, that physically fit, and I wanted to test, which one works.

None worked at first, but I know at least one should work.

Today, all of them work. I haven't changed any setting. It's strange. Tested on two Pandoras with two OS installations each (NAND, SD; SZ, SL4P).

Okay, there are days when nothing works as expected. Probably that was such a day. ;-)

Back