Usb Device App?

TrevorBradley

I got myself a small christmas gift for my GP2x F200, a 16gig SDHC card. It works great, no issues from the GP2X.

However, I quickly realized all my SD card readers, including my computer's internal multi-card reader don't have SDHC capability... quickly I realized the GP2X F200 has SDHC capability, so I plug it in to my USB (for the first time!) and everything works great.

There is a problem however... The technique for getting the GP2x to work as an SDHC card reader for an SD card with gmenu2x on it is rather cumbersome. You have to extract the card, boot the GP2x, wait for the default menu to load, then insert the card. Running any app will bring back gmenu2x..

I'm wondering if there's some sort of app I could run from gmenu2x that would allow me to connect the GP2x to a computer as a USB slave device until I hit a key. I know there are apps for the F100 that allow you to network over USB, but that's not what I'm looking for. I looked in the archive and didn't see anything like this.

Alternately is there some way to drop from gmenu2x back to the default menu?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Found the exit button...
EDIT2: D'oh, it's all in the settings.. never mind! :)
EDIT3: But it doesn't appear to work...

Trevor Bradley said:
[...]

EDIT: Found the exit button...
EDIT2: D'oh, it's all in the settings.. never mind! :)
EDIT3: But it doesn't appear to work...
Huh? :huh:

Have you tried looking for an updated driver for your internal card reader? On my computer, the initial driver didn't support SDHC, but when I updated to a more current one, it now supports it.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the "settings" tab of gmenu2x, you've got several options to activate USB. As you already found out, you can "exit" and use the gp2x menu. You can also go to the gp2x settings, which should also make it possible to enable usb old-style, but gives you an option to return to gmenu2x with the home button. And you can use gpmenu2x's usb options, which apparently don't work for you.

Manjuu said:
Have you tried looking for an updated driver for your internal card reader? On my computer, the initial driver didn't support SDHC, but when I updated to a more current one, it now supports it.

The cardreader will only support SDHC when the chipset in the reader is suitable for it. You seem to be lucky to have such a cardreader. But most won't support SDHC even with a driver update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back