Sdhc What I Will Need..

GpDogg

Hy guys. Long time no post!
I am going to purchase a gp2x f200. Its been about 2 years almost without a gp2x. So its going to be fun getting back in.

I do have one problem. I spent the last of my beans (cash) on a 4GB Sd card from SVP. It was from the lucky dip range, it is tested and works fine prior to sending it to me.
ANYWAYS - it is integral by brand, sdhc by nature.

Lo and behold, I put it into my pc and all it does is make my old card reader crash, no blank window comes up (like with other cards).
I tried to download a hotfix thingamajig - however, this did not work. (don't worry, I restarted my PC after it installed).
Being noobish about certain things - here is a question for you. Would I need a SDHC reader, or is a hotfix enough to fix?

My only remedy is - get a SDHC reader. But before I spend over my budget on that, I thought of another remedy.
Seeming as the gp2x is SDHC compatible, would it work if I connected the gp2x via usb, put in the card, turned it on - would I see the card open up on windows then?
I am just worrying about this because I am unable to determine whether it is windows, my reader or the card.

Thanks in advance!

GpDogg said:
Seeming as the gp2x is SDHC compatible, would it work if I connected the gp2x via usb, put in the card, turned it on - would I see the card open up on windows then?
I am just worrying about this because I am unable to determine whether it is windows, my reader or the card.

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you will see card open. I'm using my GP2x with 8GB SDHC card and it works that way

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be able to use the GP2X F200 as a card reader. The F100 was not reliable granting access to the card through the USB though, and it was not the fastest.

It would probably work but I would suggest, as did Vimacs, buying a cheap SDHC compatible card reader. That is probably your best option.

linoleum13 said:
You should be able to use the GP2X F200 as a card reader. The F100 was not reliable granting access to the card through the USB though, and it was not the fastest.

It would probably work but I would suggest, as did Vimacs, buying a cheap SDHC compatible card reader. That is probably your best option.

Thanks for the info :) I just didn't want to open the gp2x on christmas day and find out I can't transfer files over because of a reader.
Does XP need some sort of hotfix to read SDHC cards? Or is the reader all that I need?
Thank you!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows just thinks your reader is another generic mass storage device. It doesn't care what kind of media it reads.

So, no, you don't need any patches, just the reader.

Back