USB Charging

Seraphiris

Still Fresh
Hello,

On my work i would like to charge my Pandora with the Mini USB Cabel, but it doesn't charge, but i can just transfer files from Pandora to PC, must I use a special setting or something to do this?

Greetings
Eiffes Jil

Some PCs (mostly windows) wrongly restrict the current flow of the USB 2.0 ports to 100mA instead of typical 500mA for high-power device.. Sometimes un-plugging and re-plugging it back in quickly can fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are familiar with bash, you may want to try

echo /sys/class/power_supply/twl4030_usb/enable

and if the result is zero you may try to set it to one

(don't forget to make sudo su to get write access)

I'm having this problem. Lost my charger and my Pandora is completely empty. When I plug the micro usb - usb in my laptop it doesn't charge.

Would plugging it into another device then my Windows laptop help? Or any other solution? I have one last spot to check for the charger before I'm going to order a new one and I won't be there until next week. Having severe withdrawal symptoms. :(

It may, for reasons unknown my work laptop will charge if running Linux fine, but when booted into Windows it doesn't charge at all.. Windows in some cases may accidentally cap the USB port at 100mA instead of full charging current. 

Also, some cables are bad.
2x.

There are cables that won't carry more than 200mA.  Others will carry 3A ore more.   Look for USB cables with 20ga wiring if you have a really really power hungry (Galaxy Note II runnig GPS, Bluetooth, Music playback, WiFi hub, 4g all at once) device.

It won't charge from USB if it's completely empty. But when I was stuck like that, it seemed to have regained a little charge the next day (just enough to start it so I could charge it again).

It won't charge from USB if it's completely empty. But when I was stuck like that, it seemed to have regained a little charge the next day (just enough to start it so I could charge it again).
Guess I'm doomed then for the next couple of days. It's definitely completely flat. Thanks for your reply!

That isn't is not that true. Also if the Pandora is completely empty (when you even cant start it) it would charge trough the mini-USB. It just depends on how flat the battery is, how long you have to wait until it boots again. Mine boots after 15 mins if it was completely flat, using a USB charging adapter.

The next time my battery went completely flat, I left it on the mini USB for several hours, took it off and then put it back on for another several hours, with no result. I thought I read somewhere that this is normal, but not sure where I saw it now. (My first Pandora has a broken power connector so I can only charge it over USB. But by the second time it went flat, I had a second Pandora which I ended up using to charge the battery.)

The next time my battery went completely flat, I left it on the mini USB for several hours, took it off and then put it back on for another several hours, with no result. I thought I read somewhere that this is normal, but not sure where I saw it now. (My first Pandora has a broken power connector so I can only charge it over USB. But by the second time it went flat, I had a second Pandora which I ended up using to charge the battery.)
Maybe thats unit specific (like as not every unit is able to power up without battery)? As I never use a dedicated charger, and occasionally run the battery "dry".

Back