usb cable

Actually it's marketed as "the smallest portable PC for gaming, browsing, and remote administration." As it's been said, it's a portable PC, not a peripheral device. Not even the Sony Vaio UX, OQO, or BeagleBoard computers come with a USB cable.

That made me think that my PSP wasn't delivered with a USB cable.
ohmy.gif

(But since nearly every USB accessories I've bought for the ten past years came with the same kind of cable, I own quite a few of those)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i don't have the pandora console yet but i should receive it very soon,maybe Friday or Saturday,i just can't wait to try vlc player,i was so excited about this movie player being it on pandora.
Then best thing You could do is to put SD card into SD card reader (nowadays computers or laptops usually have it) an load games directly on the card. I do this even with my Pandora. Anyway - You can use any mini USB cable You already have. :)

Well i don't have the pandora console yet but i should receive it very soon,maybe Friday or Saturday,i just can't wait to try vlc player,i was so excited about this movie player being it on pandora.
Then best thing You could do is to put SD card into SD card reader (nowadays computers or laptops usually have it) an load games directly on the card. I do this even with my Pandora. Anyway - You can use any mini USB cable You already have. :)
Good news is i have mini usb cable.

I want use it for installing apps and games on the memory card
This is possible even on bare Pandora. Just download file from the internet and store it on SD card. Pandora really is personal computer, just small one.

It's a personal computer,i don't know about that you need to have proper windows platform programs alike,does the pandora have any good programs such as adobe photoshop,office works,open office

or any other useful programs?

You need to have proper programs to be a micro pc,a keyboard isn't enough to look like netbook pc.

This is possible even on bare Pandora. Just download file from the internet and store it on SD card. Pandora really is personal computer, just small one.

It's a personal computer,i don't know about that you need to have proper windows platform programs alike,does the pandora have any good programs such as adobe photoshop,office works,open office

You need to have proper programs to be a micro pc,a keyboard isn't enough to look like netbook pc.

You sentence is confusing not sure if your asking a question or what not.

The Pandora has a Windows like interface with XFCE.. Gimp is a linux Adobe Photoshop clone, Open Office for an office suite.. Can get Firefox, Chromium and several other Web Browsers.. there are tons of applications that can make it a functional mini-personal computer..

Either you are slow, have never looked up the actual capabilities of this machine or are a troll.

Which is it?

im gonna take a note out of SONY's book here and let a picture speak for me...

1240265992468.jpg

A USB cable is not working , I tried this but the PC won't recognize the pandora so it's impossible.

Just a SD card reader instead , in fact , i find that much easier :p

A USB cable is not working , I tried this but the PC won't recognize the pandora so it's impossible.
Yeah, usability here could be improved a little as well. While most modern devices when you plug in ask if you want to go into USB mode, the Pandora manually has be set to USB mode like the PSP does. In XFCE, click the Pandora button, choose the System menu, and then select SD-Mass Storage to choose the SD card you want to send to the PC. Only one can be mounted like this at a time. I'm not sure how to do it in Mini Menu though.

@WizardStan

That isnt working either , I get this message everytime on my PC >

Error mounting: mount: /dev/sdc1: can't read superblock

im gonna take a note out of SONY's book here and let a picture speak for me...

{lol image}

ROFLMFAO

@WizardStan

That isnt working either , I get this message everytime on my PC >

Error mounting: mount: /dev/sdc1: can't read superblock

That's a slightly unusual error message. With WizardStans instructions you have to enable SD Mass-Storage mode first, choose the card you want (it will unmount at that point and state its now in USB Mass Storage Mode), THEN connect the cable to the computer. If you connect it before hand, its more normal for a WIndows PC to state "GDC Composite Device found" It will then fruitlessly search for non existant drivers.

Hmm , Tried it again , same error.

That error was what i get in Ubuntu , In windows i get a different error , just a plain text that says that the device is not readable and must be formatted.. :huh:

If I'm remembering correctly, the superblock being unreadable tends to mean that the card is corrupted.

If I'm remembering correctly, the superblock being unreadable tends to mean that the card is corrupted.

No that can't be the case , if i just put SD card directly in my pc with windows or ubuntu then I can read it , no problem.

But if i use the USB cable it sees the SD card but just won't read it... , :huh:

Your usb cable might be a cheap one, some dont work properly with a real 2.0 usb hi speed device like pandora

Hmm , that's a good point , I must test that.

I tried a PSP cable also , my PC saw the pandora but could not read the SD card. :huh:

Back