usb cable

sukhi2011

Does the pandora come with usb cable and can you install games directly to the memory cards.

I dont think it comes with a USB cable and yes use a SD card reader and drop games from a source (repo.openpandora.org apps.openpandora.org or other)onto SD card into a folder named Pandora then menu and it will appear in the menu when SD card is inserted.

That's no good,even the caanoo comes with usb cable.

I'm being funny the pandora is messed first of all there's no tv out cable and secondly no usb cable.

I'm being funny the pandora is messed first of all there's no tv out cable and secondly no usb cable.

The caanoo, ipod, sansa, palm pilot, etc - they're all peripherals.

The Pandora is a COMPUTER. It is the HOST.

Did the last laptop you bought come with a USB cable?

and un needed, it comes with power cable and I use SD card readers as they seem much much quicker.
Although, it'd come in handy if you don't have a PSP and your Pandora wall charger is broken or suddenly breaks on you.

I've never heard of dollar store.

Do you have the website.
A Supermarket, a discount store or department store will do...even a 24 hour convenience store, maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brummies often are funny but this statement unless meant in jest, really isnt!

Firstly the TV out cable is a long story but a thoroughly understandable one, for a small (yet very ambitious) start up company and anyone from Birmingham. Get a pillow ready....

Basically the cable company can make them no problem at very short notice, the Pandora company already bought 14,000 connectors to make the cables but sadly the cable company need a minimum order of about 10,000 cables in order to bother with such a small producer.

As the Pandora pre-order batches number under 8000 and as few of those will have jumped for a TV out cable immediately, this niche hasn't been filled.

The community wished to purchase the connectors itself, from OPT if willing (but they have to reckon with the fact, people may then not want the mass produced cable and other issues), so after many attempts, WizardStan of these forums has been successful in obtaining connectors at a personal cost the community is helping with. Others have stepped up to produce the cables required to allow for tv out and all manner of other functions the EXT port allows for.

In the meantime, you are bitching about the lack of a USB cable provided in the box (a plain cardboard one) which accompanies the Pandora (a box/jar of infinite possibilities, as long as you know to make pandora/desktop/menu/mmenu folders etc) and you are hopeful of honest replies?

I am always polite (except when pished) and weird and I wish you enjoy the garden in true Brummie style!

and un needed, it comes with power cable and I use SD card readers as they seem much much quicker.

I actually had 3 of them before my pandora arrived: from my old phone, current phone and dingoo

The caanoo, ipod, sansa, palm pilot, etc - they're all peripherals.

The Pandora is a COMPUTER. It is the HOST.

Did the last laptop you bought come with a USB cable?
Still it's a games console first then it's computer,it's main purpose is to play games and it still should have come with usb cable.

It's a portable computer running linux os,which is an great advantage,the linux os are one of the best os ever made they boot up fast in desktop and laptops that's for sure and are much better than windows in performance,booting up and shutting down very quickly.

I must have mini usb cable, i will try one of them out.

Well i don't have the pandora console yet but i should receive it very soon,maybe Friday or Saturday,i just can't wait to try vlc player,i was so excited about this movie player being it on pandora.

Over the years with bluetooth headsets, old phones, gps and other devices I obtained a ton of mini-USB cables.

Still it's a games console first then it's computer,it's main purpose is to play games and it still should have come with usb cable.
Actually it's marketed as "the smallest portable PC for gaming, browsing, and remote administration." As it's been said, it's a portable PC, not a peripheral device. Not even the Sony Vaio UX, OQO, or BeagleBoard computers come with a USB cable.

little known fact, the pandora doesnt come with a set of crappy earbuds.....whats up with that? ipods come with earbuds, sansas come with earbuds, zunes come with earbuds...the pandora can play audio, Y U NO HAVE EARBUDS?

Back