US & Canada Open Pandora GmbH Preorders & Ithic.com Shipping

So... wait, the extra $15 doesn't even come with a tracking number? I'm confused as to how that would be considered an upgrade.
The package is insured for the full amount of contents. The issue with US tracking is that it isn't accurate once its out of the US, so why pay $2.00 for something that isn't going to work?

If the package doesn't get there, it's insured, I have the receipts.

The upgrade was to avoid duty/tax with UPS Ground, you are still doing that. Let me know how it goes.

UPS Ground takes 1 Week and a day to arrive, I'm curous as to how USPS fairs while the Canadian side is slow from what I understand.

The package can be tracked by the US Postal Service via the customs number, but it doesn't show up in tracking online, again another reason I don't pay the $2.00 for another barcode to scan.

Good enough for me!

so it's an upgrade if the duties/fees/taxes would be more than 15 bucks. I don't know if it was worth it or not, since I'm not familiar how shipments between the U.S. and canada operate
It's not so much to avoid duty itself but to avoid the processing fee that UPS charges for "helping" clear customs. There shouldn't be any duty whether it is shipped via USPS or UPS. There may end up being duty either way, but at least there's no hidden brokerage fee (which I've had cost between $20 and $50 before)

So yes, it is absolutely a money saving upgrade.

Hooray! I received my final payment email - and have paid - today! Is there anything else I need to do at this point?

I GOT MY PANDORA YESTURDAY, ITS SO AWESOME, THANK YOU SO MUCH LINK +1 internet

I recorded a unboxing and I plan to do a review of it soon. again, thanks so much link and the rest of the openpandora team

Wait, I've ordered from Craig's shop and paid for an upgrade. Are his orders going through your shop too, Link? I'm in BC, Canada btw.

Alright then. Now I'm a little worried about what this is all going to cost me in terms of customs fees. Sigh.

From the Gov't of Canada website:

Duty, Taxes and Handling Fees on Items Mailed to You

Duty and tax exemptions

The CBSA can examine almost any item that comes to Canada by mail.

You may have to pay duty, the goods and services tax (GST) or the harmonized sales tax(HST) and the provincial sales tax (PST) on items mailed to you. If you owe duty and tax, it will be indicated on Form E14, CBSA Postal Import Form, which will be attached to your mail item when it is delivered.

The amount of duty or taxes you may owe on an item depends upon the following:

Postal Imports Remission Order, if someone mails you an item worth CAN$20 or less, you don’t have to pay duty or taxes on the item. If the item is worth more than CAN$20, you must pay the applicable duty, the GST or HST, and any PST on the item’s full value.

From what I'm getting from that, there's no way around the duty/tax, regardless of how you send it.

^

UPS claims that these fees are accounted for on things going into Canada via plane in their pricing. Ground shipments get handled as you quoted.

They could still hit with a Nexus tax the way it sounds, meaning local/provinicial sales tax could still apply. I'm assuming then a customs handling fee would then be added. It would be nice to know what other Canadian Pandora customers have paid in the past if anything.

No customs or sales tax? You might be one of the lucky ones. I've been reading around and it really seems like it's hit or miss as to whether or not they tag you for taxes/duties. I work for Canada Post and I don't even understand the process.

As far as I know, no one has been hit with duty on Pandora's coming in to Canada. People have gotten UPS "fees" for "helping" to clear "customs", but that's standard aftermarket extortionoperating procedure for UPS.

Just got word on a shipment I sent UPS Expedited to Canada has been subjected to a $75 customs/handling charge. Really not happy about this situation and I'll be sure to update everyone with an answer on this. I think USPS is the way to go in the future to Canada from the US.

Pandora arrived today, was unable to pick it up due to work, will have an update asap regarding any costs when I do pick it up.

Accounting for the long weekend (nothing moving from Friday to Sunday) it took 8 days to get here. Which is really not bad at all, as I was expecting a lot longer in customs.

Tres, tres excited!

Back