Updated! Perfectfit, New Version!

Sorry Akuma no Houkon, Not had the chance to try either of the two versions of Perfectfit yet, So can not make any comments about it at the moment.

But i will provide a mirror in my sig of the non temporary type.

Oh, And keep up the goood work.

Trooper

Enslaved posted on Mar 29 2004 at 08:53 PM said:
Are you upgrading GPSquares graphics?
Yesir, the GPSquares enhanced version is almost complete (looks great), with new options like board sizes! (and hopefully better AI), GPSquares fans will love this new version once its done. :)

But i will provide a mirror in my sig of the non temporary type.

If you dont mind, I added your mirror to my signature also.

Last edited by a moderator:
WhizzBang posted on Mar 29 2004 at 11:01 PM said:
A great little game, this. A lot like 'Brainies' on the SNES.
Funny you should mention that, I actually started duplicating the brainines levels for a new level pack for this a couple days ago (give you something more to play), except that towards level 30 brainies get some odd tiles (doors, keys, etc...) so I can only faithfully duplicate to level 30ish

Looks really good,

are you going to enter Craig's GBAX competition with this or something else this May???

Also, what do you use for BGM, and what library?

are you going to enter Craig's GBAX competition with this or something else this May???

No I doubt it, I am not one for competitions.

Also, what do you use for BGM, and what library?

I have no music ATM (however PerfectFit IS already programmed to use music and SFX, and I have someone making them right now). To play them, I use the official SDK, (of course).

Q-Wi-Q posted on Mar 29 2004 at 03:05 PM said:
man, this is a great game!!

one remark though: the background IS invisible on non-FLU :p but I don't really care :) this game is one of the best non-emulatorgames I've played so far :)
The background is like that because you want the game area to stand out with good contrast. If the BG was bright it would be distracting, it should be dark. It is actually done very well in my opinion.

DaveC posted on Mar 30 2004 at 05:07 AM said:
Q-Wi-Q posted on Mar 29 2004 at 03:05 PM said:
man, this is a great game!!

one remark though: the background IS invisible on non-FLU :p but I don't really care :) this game is one of the best non-emulatorgames I've played so far :)
The background is like that because you want the game area to stand out with good contrast. If the BG was bright it would be distracting, it should be dark. It is actually done very well in my opinion.
Thats exactaly what was intended. Its just visible enough to add a hint of detail but so faint that you hardly notice its there.

As for it being invisible on the non-FLU's, hell, to me, _EVERYTHING_ is invisible when the FLU is off lol.

I have a non-FLU but I usually play my GP32 close to my computer and there's a bright light above it, so it shows everything on the GP32 screen very clearly, and yes, I can make out the background :)

If I copy this to my SMC that has the previous perfectfit release, will it reset all my scores and completed levels? I really want this but don't want to change losing my progress !

cheers

No it wont, as long as the "Standard.SCD" file is still in the gpperfit directory then you will be fine. Each lpk (level pack) has its own scd (score card) file. As long as that remains untouched in your gpperfit directory you are good to go.

If you want to completely wipe your scores (for that particular level pack) you can delete this file, it is not needed for the game to run, and is created automatically if it doesnt exist when you "Save Records".

Alternativly you can back this file up, copy it to another GP32, send it to a friend, whatever.

bootiful! works like a charm, and I really like the cursor moving when you slide with button A, am using a combination of the two atm

just completed level 32 in only 221 moves!! Don't think I'll be tring to break that score anytime soon...

thanks so much akuma

Glad you like it. Once I get sound effects and some new features put in, I will fix up the level pack to use the new arrow tiles and maybe add a few more tile types in...

BTW have you tried the "Extra.lpk" ? How do you like those arrows? I tried to make that level in Extra.lpk fairly easy yet still a bit of a challenge to show the useage of those arrow tiles...

I would have added more levels to the level pack but I have multiple projects I am working on at the moment, so im kinda lacking for time.

If _any_ of you make and good level packs please post links to them here! I would like to play them and I am sure many of you would too!

Back