Update on 3D Engine

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
gp32news announces engine demo will be released soon! :D Also check out this map (based on Wipeout 2097) created on the engine too, it loox cool :)

3Dengine_4.gif

I can't wait, but how do you create a game or something? Do you have to code it, or should it be easier than coding a game from scratch? I just don't understand the whole idea of an "engine."

zboy9 posted on Oct 29 2003 at 11:19 AM said:
I can't wait, but how do you create a game or something? Do you have to code it, or should it be easier than coding a game from scratch? I just don't understand the whole idea of an "engine."
I think its basically all the physics and basic coding has been done, so you just need to add your code to show it how to look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it will be just like creating a map for half-life, so who wants to start work on a half-lif clone then? ;)

I was just wondering about the coding since I have never coded in my life. Most likely some more details will be released when it is released.

You use a map editor. Something like you see a top view of the map with a grid, and you can add/take away walls, coloums, celing. And elevate ground and stuff like that. Then you do something like click on make, and it makes a file that you put in GPMM/YETI3D or something then you start yeti3d and you see your map :) At leats thats what I understand...

jegHegy posted on Oct 29 2003 at 05:35 PM said:
crazeeplaya posted on Oct 29 2003 at 11:38 AM said:
I think it will be just like creating a map for half-life, so who wants to start work on a half-lif clone then? ;)
no room-over-room.
How do you know this? I know this would have been the case if it was based on the CUBE engine, but it is based on Yeti3D

Last edited by a moderator:
He isn't making/porting a game creation system, it's just the code to handle 3d objects and worlds/maps. If someone wanted to make a game using this engine, they'd still have to code all the player movement, weapons, enemy movement and intelligence etc.

I'm intrested in knowing what FPS it runs at on actual hardware? I heard the GBA version ran pretty smoothly, so hopefully with the GP32's extra power, it should have no problems running it. :D

Muhahhaha, I know how to get Yeti3D GP32 before it is released :) Just play the videos of it in GP Cine Muhahahhahahaha :p

Anyways, I don't care if you can't make games w/o changing to code, it's good to show off the power of the GP32 :)

Back