- Old Yeti Pro Demo Out -

This is really quite impressive! It needs a gamma-option for FLUs/NLUs, though, I could barely see stuff.

So seeing the engine works good enough, are there any games using it that could be ported?

What about sound?

yep i got a flu and in the same boat, can hardly see anything, but from what I saw, awesome, the enemies look really good, and the game is very smooth.

yeah i'm having the same problem. I've got a NLU and the screens too dark but what i can see looks great. I've got GPx2 on preorder and i'm wondering how feasible it would be top port the CUBE engine since it already runs on linux and is kinda similar to Yeti.

just to make this clear...are you still working on this/improving it, ThunderZ?
looks GREAT, but i have to go upstairs to my room/gp to test it, and then to bed, so I'll post my opinion (which is most likely going to be something among the lines of "WHOA")

Sorry if I bugger you with my halflife questions, but if this engine equals Quake II, could a halflife remake be done (in theory)?

cu tomorrow,
Nils

The yeti isn't a BSP based engine and have some limitation about it's design.

It have no sence to compare it to a Quake 2 or Half-life engine (Quake 1 modified) because of the type of engine it is.

Yeti is based on the cube algorithm of the cube engine.

This demo really bums me out :(

It shows what could have been done had it been used to make a game. It is a shame it wasn't used as it is really awesome. Maybe it will be ported to the GP2X and as the community will be bigger maybe something will be made with it, I hope so.

Back