Unresponsive Areas On Joystick

telecoda

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Got a GP2X for xmas and I am more than happy with it.

However I have noticed that when moving the joystick down/left it does not always work.

I used the util to display the buttons being pressed that comes installed and noticed the following.

When I roll the joystick around the perimiter I get 1/2 switches being activated all the time, except when I reach the down/left zone.

There are points here slightly above/below down left where no switches are being activated at all?

Is there anything I can do to resolve this?

As its a new unit I think I'll send it back as I don't want to invalidate the warranty.

Got it from www.gp2x.co.uk

Cheers guys.

P.S. I am not referring to the "dead zone" that some people have spoke about when swinging the stick from left to right.

i find it depends what cap is on the gp2x, the small cap has this problem and needs a little bit of paper inside it to make it higher (so the plastic doesnt catch on the casing) the stick with GP2X written on it doesn't have this problem (i find it much better anyway for grip) see what happens if you swap the caps

Thanks guys.

Tried pulling the stick up a bit and got no response whatsoever :huh:

Then a twist and a gentle push and its firing on all cylinders.

Couldn't bear the prospect of being GP2X-less for my daily commute now so sending it back would be painful.

Just starting a bit of coding too.

Back