University Choices

unlucky

Chop sticks Chop sticks Chops sticks
Website
Visit site
In my long epic holiday between sixth form and university i cant stop thinking about whether to go into clearing once i've got my results.

I've been offered a place for computer engineering at manchester (need 3 AAA's) but i cant help but feel i should have applied to imperial instead which is AAB looking at what my friends have been offered but is much more prestigious.
Basically to get my application in time for oxbridge i simply rushed my other choices and didn't take the time to choose my other universities to apply for?

Should i just go to manchester and do computer engineering or go into clearing and do something completely different/try imperial?
Also if i declined an offer from a university but then decide i actually want that offer back what are the chances of getting that back in clearing http://www.bris.ac.uk/prospectus/undergrad...XEND/dept_intro basically i got onto that course after a maths test, teamwork test and then interview and then decided to decline the offer and i'm not sure why and i dont feel like going through all that again but the course sounds really interesting to me again.

So what should i 'f***ing' do? I'm open to suggestions of completely random other courses or any experience of manchester university.

I have pretty much the same thing happening to me now, except in the US. Well, and I have one more year of highschool to complete. Summer break's just coming to a close, and I had only gotten a few brochures from a few Oklahoma colleges (and one in Kansas), but now all of a sudden I'm getting all sorts of brochures from engineering schools all over the country! Seriously, in this one week, I have gotten brochures from Mississippi and Nebraska, and also a letter from a New York university.

I have no idea where I want to go, but wherever it is, I think probably the farther north, the better. I seriously can't stand the weather around Oklahoma.

What experience of Sheffield do you have Kop_007?

Mine is limited (one year) but some of my best nights out have been there, and I've been to most cities. It's also something like the safest city in the UK.

Personally I would just go to Manchester. Partly because I'm lazy, but also because Manchester is a great city and (allegedly) a great university.

Back